Forum Discussion

dsharma
Adept
2 years ago

How to create app for Khoros

docs/api-keys has mentioned that we need to create an app and register with Community admin to get the creds. 
But i could not find any documentation pointing to creation and registration for the same. 

I want to fetch data from LIQL for users and for that i need session key. I am unable to authenticate via SSO 

https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs/session-key?&_ga=2.81046224.696314303.1672828271-282055644.1659704414#retrieve-%5B%E2%80%A6%5Dssion-key

MattV
    Khoros Staff

If you can't authenticate via SSO, but still need an authenticated user, you can create a user in community admin (e.g. api-user), set the appropriate roles for that user, and then authenticate using the basic session key authenticate with the username and password you created in admin.

This is generally the easiest way to authenticate with the community for an API app.

• If you are using LIQL you may not need any authentication, unless you are trying to get private information that requires permissions. Getting started with API v2 (khoros.com) 

What we do in our community is create a non SSO user with Admin permissions just for getting a session key and using the API. You can do that in admin even if your community uses SSO here:

[your-community-domain]/t5/bizapps/bizappspage/tab/community%3Aadmin%3Ausers%3Auser-permissions%3Apermissions-create-users