Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Sanity Check: Updating Custom Field No Longer Works

A couple months ago, I ran this PostMan script successfully.   

Now, I'm getting "success" but the value isn't updating.  I've even added temporary "administrator" permissions to this user, but still nothing.

I've submitted a support case, but I'm in a bit of a pickle so I'm wondering if there's anything obvious I should check out, or if anyone's ran into a similar situation where you could no longer update a custom field.

• Have you tried updating it via FreeMarker, API v1 specifically? If so, did that work or also not? If it did work: My best guess would be that something was messed up with the API v2.0 enabling of that custom field, as it is not done by default when requesting a custom field from support, so maybe someone messed around with the config or something in that direction?

• lukthis is correct.  Per Khoros Support, Community 22.12 broke the API V2 field-setting capability. They gave me tips on using API V1 which worked.

Thanks for the reply.

luk
        Boss

Oh boy, thanks for the heads up! That means probably some running around checking all community customizations for v2 settings calls... so that is not fixed yet?