Public

Guide to Atlas Ranks

Guide to Atlas Ranks

Welcome to Atlas, your home for learning how to build the best customer experience possible.

As a member of our community, you’ll be able to join discussions, ask questions, search for answers, and learn from resources - all of which will help you maximize your knowledge of the Khoros platform

While you use the site, you may receive notifications about your Atlas rank increasing. This page describes what ranks are, how they tie into your community contributions, and where to view your rank progress.

• What are ranks?
  • How do I increase my rank?
  • How can I view my rank and badge progress?
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Bonus: How do I implement ranks in my own community?

What are Atlas ranks?

• Your Atlas rank helps you understand how helpful your community contributions are relative to others
  • Each rank on Atlas appears next to a user’s name and signifies their contributions to the community
  • You can view these on a user’s profile page (including your own), as well as next to their name in any of their community contributions - like posts, replies, blogs, and so on

Passive Ranks

These ranks are available to members who participate passively via giving kudos or adding tags to content

New members who have not yet made any contributions

Visitor

Users who have engaged at least once with posts via kudos or adding tags

Watcher

Users who have engaged a few times with posts via kudos or adding tags

Observer

Users who have engaged several times with posts via kudos or adding tags

Learner

Users who have engaged many times with posts via kudos or adding tags

Surveyor

Users who have engaged a whole lot with posts via kudos or adding tags

Active Ranks

These ranks are reserved for users who have posted helpful contributions, organized from least to greatest

Beginner Tier

Users who have created a post or reply at least once on Atlas

• Ranks: Contributor

Strategist Tier

Fairly knowledgeable and helpful, they have made many community contributions

• Ranks: Helper > Adept > Guide > Ace > Mentor > Expert (highest)

Consultant Tier

Known names on Atlas, they have a long history of helping out different users

• Ranks: Advisor > Maven > Leader > Genius (highest) 

Luminary Tier

The most well-known and long-standing members, with numerous invaluable community contributions - other members aspire to be more like them

• Ranks: Director > Champion > Executive > Boss (highest)

How do I increase my rank?

• Simply put, your rank increases as you help others. This can be achieved in two ways:
  • 1) You contribute helpful content to the platform - for example:
    • If you have a question for the community, you create a post asking for help or ideas
    • Alternatively, if another user asks a question and you reply with an insightful answer
    • If you respond to a user troubleshooting a problem, and your answer is marked as a Solution
  • 2) You recognize the contributions others have made - for example:
    • When you ask for help troubleshooting, you mark other posts as Solutions
    • When you give other helpful posts Kudos, or when others give your post Kudos
  • Along with Titans, higher rank Atlas users may also earn the ability to create rich content on Atlas, for example:
    • After solving a tough issue in your work, you write a blog showcasing how you solved it
    • You create a rich community resource in the form of a knowledge base article

How can I view my rank and badge progress?

• To view how you’re progressing on your ranks and badges, visit your Atlas profile page
    • To get there, click on your profile image, which is visible at the top right of the navigation bar on any page of the community
  • Beneath your user name, you’ll see your current rank, as well as any contributions you’ve made
  • You can also view the most recent badges you’ve earned on the right side of your profile
    • Clicking “View all” will show you all of your earned badges

Frequently Asked Questions

• How can I increase my rank more quickly?
    • Many different activities increase your rank
    • However, activities that are more difficult to achieve, like earning an Accepted Solution from another user, or creating rich media (at higher ranks) like blogs or knowledge bases, award greater progress than activities which are easier, like giving a post a Kudo
  • Does my rank go down if I don’t contribute regularly?
    • No, all of your contributions over time will add to your rank. As long as you have a currently active account (i.e. the account has not been deactivated) and continue to make contributions, you will continue to accumulate progress toward your next rank.
  • I’ve posted a lot lately, so why haven’t I ranked up?
    • Ranking up is easy at first, but higher ranks require an increasing number of contributions
      • Remember: just because you haven’t ranked up lately, doesn’t mean you won’t soon!
    • Additionally, ranks involves a mix of contributing to the community, and acknowledging others
      • If you’ve gone a long time without ranking up in spite of creating lots of content, you may want to spend more time letting others know you appreciate their content via giving helpful posts kudos, or by marking helpful replies as Solutions
      • Similarly, if you’ve spent a lot of time letting others know you appreciate their content, you may want to contribute some of your own by asking good questions of others members in a forum post, or creating other types of helpful content like blog posts

Bonus: How do I implement ranks in my own community?

• You may want to get started by learning about ranks 
  • We also recommend learning about badges, and the difference between these and ranks in the Community product
  • Finally, we recommend reviewing our previous rank update blog to understand how we went about updating Atlas ranks, as it may give you ideas that could help as you build or rebuild your own
  • For further guidance on badges and ranks, as well as community gamification systems, we recommend signing up for one of our Product Coaching sessions

Labels (2)

Guide to Atlas Ranks

Welcome to Atlas, your home for learning how to build the best customer experience possible.

As a member of our community, you’ll be able to join discussions, ask questions, search for answers, and learn from resources - all of which will help you maximize your knowledge of the Khoros platform

While you use the site, you may receive notifications about your Atlas rank increasing. This page describes what ranks are, how they tie into your community contributions, and where to view your rank progress.

• What are ranks?

What are Atlas ranks?

• Your Atlas rank helps you understand how helpful your community contributions are relative to others
  • Each rank on Atlas appears next to a user’s name and signifies their contributions to the community
  • You can view these on a user’s profile page (including your own), as well as next to their name in any of their community contributions - like posts, replies, blogs, and so on

Passive Ranks

These ranks are available to members who participate passively via giving kudos or adding tags to content

Visitor

Watcher

Observer

Learner

Surveyor

Active Ranks

These ranks are reserved for users who have posted helpful contributions, organized from least to greatest

Beginner Tier

Strategist Tier

Consultant Tier

Luminary Tier

The most well-known and long-standing members, with numerous invaluable community contributions - other members aspire to be more like them

• Simply put, your rank increases as you help others. This can be achieved in two ways:
    • If you have a question for the community, you create a post asking for help or ideas
    • Alternatively, if another user asks a question and you reply with an insightful answer
    • If you respond to a user troubleshooting a problem, and your answer is marked as a Solution
  • Along with Titans, higher rank Atlas users may also earn the ability to create rich content on Atlas, for example:
    • After solving a tough issue in your work, you write a blog showcasing how you solved it

• To view how you’re progressing on your ranks and badges, visit your Atlas profile page
    • To get there, click on your profile image, which is visible at the top right of the navigation bar on any page of the community
  • Beneath your user name, you’ll see your current rank, as well as any contributions you’ve made
  • You can also view the most recent badges you’ve earned on the right side of your profile

• However, activities that are more difficult to achieve, like earning an Accepted Solution from another user, or creating rich media (at higher ranks) like blogs or knowledge bases, award greater progress than activities which are easier, like giving a post a Kudo
    • No, all of your contributions over time will add to your rank. As long as you have a currently active account (i.e. the account has not been deactivated) and continue to make contributions, you will continue to accumulate progress toward your next rank.
    • Ranking up is easy at first, but higher ranks require an increasing number of contributions
      • Remember: just because you haven’t ranked up lately, doesn’t mean you won’t soon!
    • Additionally, ranks involves a mix of contributing to the community, and acknowledging others
      • If you’ve gone a long time without ranking up in spite of creating lots of content, you may want to spend more time letting others know you appreciate their content via giving helpful posts kudos, or by marking helpful replies as Solutions
      • Similarly, if you’ve spent a lot of time letting others know you appreciate their content, you may want to contribute some of your own by asking good questions of others members in a forum post, or creating other types of helpful content like blog posts

• We also recommend learning about badges, and the difference between these and ranks in the Community product
  • Finally, we recommend reviewing our previous rank update blog to understand how we went about updating Atlas ranks, as it may give you ideas that could help as you build or rebuild your own
  • For further guidance on badges and ranks, as well as community gamification systems, we recommend signing up for one of our Product Coaching sessions

Labels (2)
Last Reviewed:
03-02-2024 09:21 PM

Guide to Atlas Ranks

• What are ranks?

What are Atlas ranks?

Passive Ranks

Visitor

Watcher

Observer

Learner

Surveyor

Active Ranks

Beginner Tier

Strategist Tier

Consultant Tier

Luminary Tier

Labels (2)
Version history
Last update:
‎03-17-2022 11:03 AM
Updated by:
Contributors