Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that's how to kick start a year!

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

rtarkoff-lithoicon.pngRob Tarkoff is President and CEO of Lithium, responsible for strategic direction and corporate vision.

On the Lithosphere he is RobT, and on Twitter you can follow him on @rtarkoff.

Since becoming Lithium CEO, a key part of my focus over the last several months has been sharing our story with potential investors.

Together with my executive team, I spent many hours with some of the world’s most respected venture capitalists as part of this funding initiative, and it was very gratifying to receive consistently strong feedback on our technology, business model, and proven track record of success.

I’m incredibly pleased that, as announced this morning, we have now completed an extraordinarily successful $53.4 million round of financing led by New Enterprise Associates – one of the world’s most influential venture capital firms.

The round also included new investor SAP Ventures as well as all existing Lithium investors and several key industry advisors. Both NEA and SAP Ventures significantly strengthen our investor base and add additional industry contacts to help fuel our growth.This significant milestone for Lithium will enable us to grow even faster and put us in an even stronger position to lead the Social Customer Experience market.

It’s also something everyone at Lithium can and should be proud of.  It’s because of the support of our incredible customers and the ongoing efforts of the Lithium team throughout our journey that we are in such a solid position today. For that, I extend my personal thanks to everyone at Lithium.

This funding round was exceptionally successful by any measure, is clear validation of our business strength, and signals the unique opportunity ahead for both Lithium and our customers.  It allows us to substantially dial up our investments to meet our ultimate strategic goal: enabling our customers to build innovative and engaging social experiences for their customers both in branded online communities and across the social Web.

Today’s social media landscape unquestionably compels brands to identify, engage and amplify the impact of their most influential consumers in order to gain and keep competitive advantage. Lithium has thought tirelessly about finding, engaging, and motivating social customers since our inception, and we continue to expand our reach into new verticals, new solutions and new buyers – all on a true cloud platform.

These are exciting times. I’m more invigorated than ever to take Lithium to new heights in 2012 and beyond. I hope you're as excited as I am about the road ahead and plan to travel with us on this unique and truly amazing journey.

--  Rob

2 Comments
Trusted Contributor

congrats to the whole team at Lithium! Great stuff and look forward to 2012 and beyond!

New Commentator

This is great news - Congratulations to the Lithium Team!