Khoros Atlas Logo

Happy 5th Birthday, Lithosphere!

Retired Community Manager JulieH
Retired Community Manager

lithosphere_original.jpg

Can you believe it has already been 5 years since Lithosphere was originally launched

What started out as a small company community for peer to peer support, has grown exponentially over the years and evolved to become a leading resource for best practices, thought leadership,  product support and training for customers, partners and employees alike.

We have much to celebrate and be thankful for, and all of our community members have had a huge part to play in our success. Here's an overview of our journey to this day:

• There have been 36,000+ overall net posts across the community, made of:
  • Over 7,000 forum topics created and 20,000+ replies
  • 1700+ accepted solutions which have been viewed almost 700,000 times!
  • More than 30,000 kudos given
  • Over 1300 ideas submitted
  • Our ever growing knowledge base has more than 915 published articles which have been viewed around  265,000 times
  • 1100+ blog articles and more than 2300 blog comments
  • More than 3700 customers have joined the community over time

There were some great milestones over the past year as well:

• Revamped Lithosphere's UI and unveiled our new Support portal [view the announcement]
  • Expanded our Developer Network, which has been very successful, to include full REST API documentation, getting started guides and tech blog
  • Increased our accepted solutions by 123%
  • All time record of 47 amazing social customer experience stories submitted for the Lithys

Whats next?

We're continually working to enhance the community and are currently focusing on improving the navigation and structure, and re-organizing our documentation based on your feedback.

We'll also be revamping our current superusers program to recognize Lithium advocates and the different levels of community participation that make up our amazing community. This means more recognition, new benefits & opportunities to inspire greater levels of achievements and closer involvement to help improve Lithium products, processes, and services.

Stay tuned for more details on the rollout of these changes!

There have been many great suggestions over time that helped us shape the community to what it is today. If there are things you have been hoping to see improved or implemented, don't be shy and let us know your thoughts!

birthdaycake.jpg

Time to celebrate!

To celebrate Lithosphere's 5th birthday, we'll be hosting a contest running over the course of September to show case all the creative ways our customers have found to highlight anniversaries and milestones on their own communities - and of course, there will be prizes! 

The contest will launch Monday September 9th and be open to submissions for 2 weeks so you have plenty of time to dig through your archives and craft your entry.

Keep your eyes peeled for the official announcement that will contain all the details and regulations.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge, ideating to improve our products, showing appreciation for your peers and collaborating to find solutions! It has been an incredible journey and Lithosphere wouldn’t be what it is today without you!

photo by spool32

Tags (2)
11 Comments
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Very nice 5th anniversary badge integration in the header and welcome component @JulieH !! Heart

and great contest idea ! Let's gamify the Lithosphere !

Retired Community Manager JulieH
Retired Community Manager

Merci Arnaud but I can't take all the credit, many thanks to @JaredC for the design!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the entries, we already know there are many great examples out there, it will be nice to see a collection of them in one place!

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

I am amazed how useful the Lithosphere is. I use it all the time at different times of the customer journey. And i realize that its value only increases with time. 

Congratulations on a great birthday! and thank you for taking care of the value of this asset.

Khoros Oracle
Khoros Oracle
Great to see that we've evolved the community into what we have today. During the early days of this particular community it was a bit of a bumpy ride (as just about every community experiences). Fortunately, we've weathered the storm. What I've really liked seeing is more and more employee participation, and that it has now also become a common destination for our customers to ask questions, learn about the application, etc. Cheers!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations Lithosphere!  😄

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the ever expanding Lithosphere. It's a great place to be and the effort you guys constantly put into keeping it that way are highly appreciated. Let's celebrate Robot LOL

Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Please @JaredC , post a comment here for us to able to give you many kudos for this much appreciated design Smiley Wink

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Thanks guys! I just produce what Julie tells me. 

Happy birthday Lithosphere
Occasional Commentator GIBO
Occasional Commentator

Congratulations!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I think we should also include a shout out to Lithium alumni who helped make the Lithosphere happen!

Paul and Scott come to mind, but there are many more!

Mark