Khoros Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Peta415
Occasional Contributor

Community Manager Meet Ups (UK)

Is there any Lithium community manager meet up groups or monthly meet ups in the UK (Between London or Reading) I'm looking to network with other community managers that uses Lithium. 

Thanks! 🙂 

Peta 

12 Replies 12
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Community Manager Meet Ups (UK)

Not aware of any... I was gonna say what's up with "up north" but then again I'm not aware of any up here either. The last one I went to was in Stockholm.. Amazing was in the Spotify office and has some cracking guest speakers... only downside i got snowed in, in Finland whilst on route... 

More meetups would be good, maybe when Lithium and Spreadfast have decided what to call themselves and everything settled down from merger we'll have more events. 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There isn't anything I'm aware of that Lithium are organising but that doesn't mean we couldn't try and arrange something ourselves. What are you looking to get from a meetup? I'd be game for attending though I'm going to struggle for bandwidth to organise it (felt I'd better mention that in case it feels like I'm volunteering Robot LOL )

As @Fellsteruk says hopefully once the dust settles on the Spredfast merger we may see some more activity like this from Lithium too.

There are also various groups on LinkedIn I'm aware of for CM professionals which you may have already looked at, fairly sure they have meetups from time to time though they will not all be Lithium CMs obviously. 

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We did have a few up here in Scotland, but of late I've not organised any. 

If the appetite is there for some more, and the southeners would like to come north, I'm happy to do the organising.

Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This Spredfast+Lithium event just appeared in my inbox. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Woah... CX Live seems like yesterday. Good to see events coming along more
frequently.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, just got that invite to the Spreadfast + Lithium event too, how coincidental!

However unlike past Lithium events (at least UK ones, not sure about US) this one requires you to pay to attend, which is a big change and going to be a struggle at least this financial year since previously we never had to pay for things like this so nothing is in the budget. It's not a huge sum at least with the early bird discount, but still challenging. I'd also like to know what other events are being planned as I won't be able to go to all of them if there's ticket cost and travel involved and I'd like to pick the right ones!

Would be good to understand from Lithium the rationale behind this shift - assume it's the model Spredfast use and being seen as a way to keep costs down? Which is great but if many customers can't come to the event then is it even worth paying for for those that can?

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@miles  I could be way off here but I suspect this is a typical annual “Spreadfast” event and lithium is being tagged on. 

I checked and doesn’t seem to be a detailed agenda for the event so it’s difficult to see if it would even be of any value for a community professional regardless of cost which as you say is an issue. 

Linc, proper linc not the ones they have done in the past couple years has always carried an entry fee but given the speakers and content that has always been good value for money. 

Once we know who’s attending and the content of the spreadfast meeting we may find it’s not that revelant, interestingly I noticed recently that some lithium employees are now using a spreadfast email domain, got me wondering if the lithium brand is soon to be dropped and carry forward the spreadfast name? Off topic I know but I thought I’d mention Given the context 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@JMcJohnston 

Ill try not to take it personally that I never got an invite to this event! lol

That said it would have to be a spectacular community central event for me justify the 300 GBP price tag + travel to London + stay in a hotel overnight (we are now knocking on 500 - 600 before other expenses).

To be fair they probably sent it to individuals managed by the 'UK org' and we are managed in the US.

Thanks

Allen S
Senior Community PM
Microsoft Tech Community
Former Skype Community Manager
Esteemed Contributor

You are probably right @Fellsteruk. about it being a Spredfast event with Lithium tacked on. 

I've never managed to make it to proper Linc, only the London variant, but always heard good things. 

On branding I think I was expecting a new brand rather than one of the legacy ones taking centre stage and risking alienating customers from the ditched brand. I know from our past M&A activites how surprisingly powerful brand loyalty can be and how challenging it can be as a result. A new brand while more expensive comes with the benefit of being able to make a fresh start, new vision, strategy etc and being able to 'ditch' the baggage associated with Legacy brands - even if ultimately it is many of the same people with the same struggles that are behind the new brand!

I hadn't noticed the email domain change (maybe I'm not talking to the right people) but I am lamenting the switch from Webex to Zoom for meetings, which is a more challenging system to access on a well locked down laptop like I have. 

0 Kudos