Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Advanced search not working?

I'm just wondering if others see the same thing I do.  

If I go to the community search page  (/t5/forums/searchpage) and click on ADVANCED it says: "Use quotes to search for an "exact phrase".   As far as I can tell it doesn't work.  Using quotes makes no difference in our forum search.   I'm just wondering if it's a UI issue or a basic functionality issue.  Can anyone verify?   Thanks.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
12 Replies 12
Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi all

Just wanted to circle back around on this. The issue has been identified and has been assigned to an upcoming release. The fix is assigned to v19.12 of Community. 

Marty Lavender
Strategic Technical Account Manager
Lithium Technologies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MartyL  Apparently it's not going to be in 19.12.  I was informed by the PM that: 

Exact Phrase search is not part of 19.12 release.

We do not support exact phrase search as of now. For example, if customer inputs "old service" as search string, the system will try to give exact match "old service" but will also give results as "old telephone service" or "old national service" or "old -service" or search results with just "old" or "service" in it. In other words, If there is no exact match, then also it provides other results. Thus, we do not have phrase search as of now.

However, it is there in the roadmap and we plan to work on it.

So, it looks like we need to find the text key and remove  "exact"  that so our members quit complaining that it's not working.   

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted

FYI the text key I was looking for to change "exact phase" to "phrase" in the advanced search instructions is search.advancedThreadInstructions.text

--