Public
Occasional Commentator

Badge Assignment

Hi fellow Community experts 👋,

Does anyone know if there is a way to create some unique badge assignments such as the following:

• Can you have the system assign a user a badge if they bookmark a specific discussion?
  • Can you have the system assign a user a badge if they "like" and/or "reply" to a specific discussion?

Ultimately, I am trying to understand if there are any unique ways to assign a fun and creative badge by a user taking some sort of one time action on a specific discussion in our community. Any ideas on how to do this!?

Thank you!

Alexis

2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor

Hi @alexislbrown,

I like the idea for number two but I don't think there will be an easy (non manual) way of going it. 

You can easily create a badge that will be granted to users if they have a particular role, but it then the challenge becomes how to they get the role? If that's a manual process, then there's obviously going to be a bit of work involved. But for a one-off event, that might be OK.

For the bookmark one, I don't think that would be possible but hopefully smarter people than me can suggest a way. 

I've been pushing for these for a long time:

Feel free to add your vote and comments to them. 🙂

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Occasional Commentator

@JasonHill , this is very helpful. Although not the answer I was hoping for, it does help me to know that this is a desired functionality that others would like to see. I'll review each of your shared ideas to give some extra support.

Thanks!

Alexis

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.