Public
New Commentator

Best way to remove responses from being accepted solutions?

Hello - 

We have removed the ability for users to select certain responses as solutions, but the existing selections still show in our community. I am looking for some help on  removing the accepted solution mark on those responses. 

1. Is there a way to sort/filter all of the posts in our community that have accepted solutions? 

2. How do we remove a response from being an accepted solution from a thread?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

You should be able to use the metadata filter in the search page and select solved which will return all posts with solutions then to remove the solution someone with more or admin or a specifically permissioned role can go into the thread, find the post marked as a solution, go to the message options  and choose 'Not the Solution'.

If my response answered your questions, please feel free to mark it as an accepted solution!

New Commentator

Hi - Thanks for getting back to me, but that does not work for us. Within the metadata filter, the only option is "liked". I imagine this is because we have removed accepted solutions from being an active option within our community.

Is there any way to remove the marks of all of the accepted solutions? Or another way to filter them so we can do it one by one? 

Thank you.

To filter the search to only show solved, try adding /t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=solvedThreads&inactive=false&solved=true&collapse_discussion=true to the end of the URL. As for mass removal, I'm not sure but there may be a way via API.

If my response answered your questions, please feel free to mark it as an accepted solution!

New Commentator

Hi @MattYap -

On what page should I add that URL addition?

Above you mentioned clicking 'Not the Solution' on the response that is checked. That is not an available option for me (with Admin permissions) in the posts drop down, nor in the threads. How can I solve this to be able to remove accepted solutions?

Thanks

It should work if you just add it to your community page. I believe since your community turned off accepted solutions, you won't be able to filter them in the way I mentioned earlier.

Hi @MattYap - Thank you for this update. We will look into it further with our specific instance.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.