Respected Contributor

New Editor for Certain Permissions??

I just found that if a user has:

Allow user to use advanced HTML in posts and signatures 

Set to grant

and 

Use full HTML in posts and signatures 

set to deny

then a new version of the editor appears that I haven't seen before.  I can't find it in the documentation on the Khoros Community either.  Has anyone else seen it?

New Editor I haven't Seen: 

Editor.png

Expected Editor:

image (372).png

7 Replies 7
Valued Contributor

@jamiemccardle You see more editor options than I do when I set those same permissions (and deny "Use simple HTML in posts and signatures")

toolbar.png

@warren_bill mentioned a similar/same issue in Re: Allowed HTML Tags in Community text editor though I don't see if there was a resolution.

Esteemed Contributor

@jamiemccardle Assuming your screenshots are from a new post and not a comment/reply, which editor page are you using?  Because I've found that my administrator user has different toolbars depending on if I'm on the PostPage or the TkbArticleEditorPage as shown below.

PostPage:

editor_postpage.png

TkbArticleEditorPage:

edit_tkbarticleeditorpage.png

Edit: Both editors above are for a TKB article.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your replies.

we have editor 2.2 and forums version 5.  My examples are forum replies.  Everything else is normal.  It’s just replies on inline reply and threading.

Esteemed Contributor

Does your default set of permissions include a grant on 'Use simple HTML in posts and signature' or are you setting that at individual roles? For our active users we have grant set on both simple and advanced but not full (reserved for admins).

Community Moderator | Esri Community
Respected Contributor

I found the editor appears if the following combination is applied at any level.  I tested at the Community (default) level as well.

Allow user to use advanced HTML in posts and signatures 

Set to grant

and 

Use full HTML in posts and signatures 

set to deny

Khoros Staff

@elbranscomb @jamiemccardle  This is a bug on Forums v5. It is being worked up on. I will update once it is resolved.

Respected Contributor

Thank You!

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.