Public
New Commentator

Public accessible content vs private

We want to be able to dictate whether an article requires a sign in or not, so we don't have multiple boards with different permissions. As in, some content we might deem public and some behind the sign in wall. Is there a way of doing this at article level at all? Using Labels or Tags?

4 Replies 4
Honored Contributor

Without some extreme customization, you can't do it at the topic/article level - Permissions are controlled on the node itself so generally speaking you would want to create two different knowledge bases, one public, one private.

Honored Contributor

Hi @owlietenil2 

My community is private for customers only and I am looking into creating some open content spaces. I have not created the open spaces yes, but I am working with my Khoros rep to create them.
Once I have created these open spaces, I will share within this community.
Best,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
New Commentator

@Toby wrote:

Hi @My Ground Biz 

My community is private for customers only and I am looking into creating some open content spaces. I have not created the open spaces yes, but I am working with my Khoros rep to create them.
Once I have created these open spaces, I will share within this community.
Best,

Toby

Many thanks for that complete information!

Honored Contributor

Not sure if it would work for you but i have achieved this in my own community with the use of just two boards

board1 - this is public, all tbk live in this board that i want anyone to see

board2 - this is private, only accessible with role, anything i want to mandate a signing lives here

All content is categorised using labels which are consistent across both boards, if a normal user or unauthenticated user signs in they see all the public content, if a "special user" one with access to board 2 they get to see all of the public and private content. 

To mandate a signin, you're only really, easy/safe route is use of roles to grant access to an area with content 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:
Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.