Public
Advisor

Sign in pop up

We would like to have the sign up window automatically pop up when someone visits our home page to try and increase sign ups and logins/interactions with the community. 

I was wondering if anyone else had done this or something similar? If so did it help to increase sign ups and/or engagement and how did you implement it?

TIA

24 Replies 24
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

@SheenaK From what I can tell you are currently only showing this prompt on your desktop community experience (and the code and styling don't seem to be responsive ready yet). Are you planning to roll it out on your mobile experience pending on the results on desktop skin?

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Trusted Contributor

Yup, responsive is earmarked for later this year, so I'm concentrating on just desktop for now. If this does happen to be successful I may adapt it or duplicate it for mobile, but we're just going to see how it works for now on desktop. 

Check out our submission for the 2021 Customer Awards and give us a Kudos!
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, just as an update we've seen approx 8% increase in logins/registrations since implementing this pop up.

Looking at the average time on the page and the exit rate, on one of our blogs the time on the page has increased by 26.7% and the exit rate has fallen by 11.98%, and on the other blog the time on the page has fallen by 19.61% and the exit rate has increased by 15.28%.

I'm going to leave it running for another week, and if the results are similar next week I'll turn it off on the blog that had the higher exit rate and lower time on the page.

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing. That's already a really promising data point.
The follow up question would be if you are increasing the overall community population size or only the fraction of lurkers 😉 I.e. are these additional 8% just as likely to participate?

Also these two blog pages where you quoted data from: Both show the popup and the only difference is the blog content?

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Trusted Contributor

ClaudiusH wrote:
Thanks for sharing. That's already a really promising data point.
The follow up question would be if you are increasing the overall community population size or only the fraction of lurkers 😉 I.e. are these additional 8% just as likely to participate?

Also these two blog pages where you quoted data from: Both show the popup and the only difference is the blog content?

Our main objective with this pop-up is 'growth' so getting the registrations is the main thing, but that should also increase engagement as our lurkers and casual users are almost 1:1 (still working on the superusers!). So every 2 registrations that we get, generally translates to 1 member casually engaging with the community. It'll be interesting to see if that ratio changes over time due to the newbies 🙂 

We have 2 blogs for the community: one is for tech news, industry updates and the like, and the other is a customer focused blog where we talk about our products and services. The customer focused one is the blog that has the better performing pop up at the moment, which is odd as I assumed it would be the other way around. 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.