Public
Respected Contributor

View 'admin notes' only

Hello again, 

Is it possible to grant permission so that some members of staff have access to read the 'admin notes' on a user's profile? We'd like to grant access to the admin notes so that staff can handle ban appeals, but we wouldn't want the same staff to have all the rights that a moderator has (delete posts, move posts) etc. 

I don't see a way of setting this via Community Admin. 

Thanks. 

6 Replies 6
Honored Contributor

The admin notes are all tied up in the moderation permissions. I did put support behind an idea recently that admin notes should be available in LSI as an export, that could be a solution if implemented as analytics access provides no moderation tools.
Respected Contributor

Sounds like a good idea! Certainly, more information and control would be preferable. I don't want to grant moderator permissions to novice members of staff. 

Honored Contributor

I've been wanting more granular permissions for staff for a long time....

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Product-Ideas/View-information-that-identifies-another-user-without...

Generic1.jpg

Respected Contributor

JasonHill wrote:

I've been wanting more granular permissions for staff for a long time....

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Product-Ideas/View-information-that-identifies-another-user-without...

2014! Eek! I've given you a vote. It looks like we're in the same boat. At least I know for sure now that what I am looking for can't be done. 

Thanks, @JasonHill!

@AlanA - However, there is always a custom way to achieve such things 😉

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
Respected Contributor

@VarunGrazitti care to share more info on the custom way to achieve this? 

Thanks. 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.