Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What is 'Insert Code'?

Hello,

I've

noticed on our Community platform users have the ability in the text editor to 'Insert Code'. Is there information available that details what this enables members to post? 

We have turned off HTML permissions and we do not want users to post HTML or active content in Community, hence my question on this topic. 

Thanks. Reply_to_Message_-_The_eBay_Community.png

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

The insert code button is typically used by technical communities to allow a poster to include a code sample in their post to share or discuss with other users without the risk of the code actually executing. If that need does not arise for your community, you can create a support ticket requesting the removal of that button from your community editor.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

RobbL wrote:

The insert code button is typically used by technical communities to allow a poster to include a code sample in their post to share or discuss with other users without the risk of the code actually executing. If that need does not arise for your community, you can create a support ticket requesting the removal of that button from your community editor.

Wow! Thanks so much for the quick reply @RobbL! This makes a lot of sense. 

Highlighted

Is it possible for insert code to automatically put in line numbers?

--
I'm the Community Manager at SailPoint's B2B identity governance community, Compass.
Highlighted

@Tim_Dickinson  It should be possible via CSS if the code was split into lines however the text editor/community seems to bundle all the code as one line.

Maybe worth adding a product idea asking them to split the code into one line per code tag.

Malcolm.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.