Public
Honored Contributor

postsuccesspage vs no postsuccesspage

As an administrator, when I post a forum message (start thread or reply) I get pushed to a postsuccesspage where it tells me the post was successful and gives me the option to go to the post or return to where I was.  I have to click to return.  Annoying.

When I post as a regular user, I get no such page.  I'm taken immediately back to where I was posting from, see my post along with a notice that my post was successful. (this is preferable)

Is there a setting for that?   Why would admin get that intermediate page?   Thanks in advance.  - Kim

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
4 Replies 4
Khoros Staff

That is a setting, and it must be set the opposite for that particular user you tested or by default in the community.

Go to My Settings > Preferences > Preferences Options > Uncheck "Show confirmation pages for posts"

You can change that by default in Community Admin > Users tab in the Profile defaults section, I believe.

Larry Imgrund
Sr. Community Strategist
Khoros
Honored Contributor

Thanks @LarryI.  I found it in the individual user settings which fixed it, but I can't see  a default setting for it in the admin > users > profile area.   

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.

That's right, I'm sorry!  It's actually here:

Community Admin > Discussion Styles > Posts and Topics > Settings > Show confirmation pages for posts

4th setting from the top.

Larry Imgrund
Sr. Community Strategist
Khoros
Honored Contributor

Ha! Good on you for finding it. As I'm fairly new to Lithium, I enjoy these little Easter egg hunts, but I get much more satisfaction when I can find them without help. 🙂 Much thanks.

--

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.