Public
Valued Contributor

pre-defined labels

Hii-- so I have an idea / feature request board. My settings are ' Require labels on post ' and 'Use only predefined labels'. Then I have my predefined labels down below in that section (commas in between). Today I was looking at that board, and there are a few labels in there that are NOT on the list. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there another setting I'm missing.... Thanks!! 

3 Replies 3
Honored Contributor

That can happen if you set a label before you require labels OR if you change the labels in the required list.   Setting it to require a specific set of labels isn't retroactive so if there are labels that already exist, it won't remove them.  I suspect if you look at the dates of the ideas with the strange labels, they'll be older than most of the rest. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this! Our first idea was on 3/12 which is when we created the board. I agree that perhaps I was late to set the labels to the board, but they were definitely turned on that week with a list. The latest with a 'new' label was was recent, (7/6 -- perhaps though it is because this label was also used in that first week, but another user) and then another on 5/14.  

On that note, do you know if 'predefined' labels don't just mean from my list -- right? Like if a neighbor used the same label that appeared on 7/6, it automatically goes into the list of predefined labels (even though its not on MY list) -- did that make sense or did I just send you for a loop? LOL Thank you so much for your helP!! 

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't be able to use a label unless it's in your pre-defined label list even if it was previously used so that 7/6 post you refer to is an enigma to me.   Here's what I would do:

1. Check your settings to ensure you are both requiring labels and have it set to only use pre-defined labels (Not user-defined and pre-defined)
  2. Knowing what your pre-defined labels are, try submitting a new test idea using a label that is not in your pre-defined list

If you can successfully post such an idea, you may have to ask Khoros Support about it.   If you can't, then I don't see how anyone else can.   It's a mystery.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.