cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Displaying bonus points

We're considering using the Bonus Points feature to award community members for contributing to blogs, TKBs, etc.   My question is:  Is there a way to display bonus points? 

On their user profile for everyone to see?

On a leaderboard?

I looked at the API documentation and the only thing I can see is that in API v2 you can assign points, but I can't see anything about displaying them.

***OR*** is there a better way than using bonus points? 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kgroneman,

You can use below API to get bonus points of the user and show this in user profile.

select bonus_points from users where id='${user.id}'
Do you know we work with Kudos and Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Parshant   That got me where I needed to be.  Unfortunately that doesn't work in my api browser because the users don't exist on stage, which, apparently, is the only place the api browser looks.  😞    (Can you get the api browser to look at production or can you use your syntax outside of the api browser?) 

I did use it from the  browser however by modifying it slightly and it worked:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/api/2.0/search?q=SELECT+bonus_points+FROM+users+WHERE+login%3D%27k...

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kgroneman

I have tried it using on your production environment in api browser by adding your id to the requested query.

https://community.softwaregrp.com/api/2.0/search?q=select%20bonus_points%20from%20users%20where%20id=%27168861%27
Do you know we work with Kudos and Accepted Solution.
Honored Contributor

Thanks.  That only works for me from a regular browser, not the API browser in studio. 

--
Highlighted

@kgroneman API browse is only testing code in stage, it's not for pulling/retrieving data in that way.  For that, you would need to make the calls in production as @Parshant mentioned.