Khoros Atlas Logo

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Help Please: Options component - Invite a Friend

Jump to solution

Good day everyone,

We are utilizing Options component on some of our pages and included within the component is Invite a friend

Invite.png

I can see the components of the email in Studio so I can edit the message, but there are Admins in my community who are getting blind cc'ed; is the standard function and is there a way to change it?

Thank you,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Khoros Oracle
Khoros Oracle

Re: Help Please: Options component - Invite a Friend

Jump to solution

That is not normal behavior for the 'email a friend' feature.  And btw, that is the normal name for the feature (or at least it used to be).  Is it possible that somebody from your team changed the text properties and also put in code that would bcc the Admin?  Honestly, I am not sure if that is entirely possible (and I am definitely not sure if those text properties were changed by somebody from your team or if we have changed the name of the feature), but I am thinking you should open a Support ticket for this one.  

It is a very mysterious problem, and I know of no configuration / setting in the Admin console that would cause this to happen.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help Please: Options component - Invite a Friend

Jump to solution

Thanks @JakeR 

After some deeper research on our end I found this is not a BCC issue.
As the email is crafted, it populates the email with the username of the writer but does not pull their email, but an internal community email.
I have opened a case with Lithium to learn more.

Best,
Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
0 Kudos