cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Helping Clients Remain Productive

Greetings Community Managers,
Crazy times can make people shine and we have great opportunities in front of us.
I have been working with internal teams to produce content about working productively remotely. 
Unlike typical product documentation or FAQ content, we are engaging our clients with tips about specific products to help them. Along with being customer-centric, it gives Account Mangers something to have actual conversations about: now they are not simply "checking in," they have engagement opportunities.
Happy to chat further.
Cheers,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Khoros Staff

I love it! That is exactly why we set up this group. It feels like the normal route of interviewing folks, creating documentation, and producing a nice white paper would take WAY TOO LONG to help in this crisis. Collaborating is better!

Please ask questions!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @JacobBo - your tweet brought me here, thanks for sharing and I look forward to other CMs input.
Cheers!
Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

@JillianB shared some ideas for digital engagement techniques here - it's a great place to start for those new to remote work. 

I am also hosting a webinar on Managing Remote Teams on Thursday with a couple of other community leaders. I've worked remotely on and off since the 90s and I have been managing a virtual team for a decade. We'll be sharing our tips and tricks. 

Highlighted

@rhappe thanks for sharing, great cheat sheet from @JillianB, I think the key to these types of comms is the frequency and keeping updates/ comms consistent. With so much changing from one minute to the next, having a consistent approach to comms you can rely on is powerful 👍

I won't be able to make the webinar but look forward to hearing more about it later. 

Lisa Bidder
Principal Community Strategist & Global Lead
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Yes @LisaB consistency and setting up a weekly team routine is super helpful to set expectations. It also help everyone who is juggling/adapting to working from home with co-workers (partners, kids, roommates) set expectations with them about availability. For that reason, the more you can do asynchronously, the easier it is on everyone - i.e. can you do a daily good morning/status update via chat or discussion board instead of via a phone or video call? 

Highlighted

Lots of great advice here.

This is where careful segmentation of your audience is critical. Few employees in a company have complete expertise across different audiences. For example, senior decision makers usually require a different set of conversations (and require different value) to engineers looking to implement a platform. I would recommend segmenting your audience, prioritize key people to check in with, and develop an engagement plan to offer them enormous value. Continuing the example - engineers reaching out to engineers will be more successful than sales or bizdev people reaching out to them, and similarly with the folks who engage with other segments.

Right now people are overwhelmed with companies emailing and reaching out. There is too much noise. I think if there is a key focus on value - of solving practical problems for that target segment - you can piece through the noise.

Highlighted

I think the key to these types of comms is the frequency and keeping updates/ comms consistent. With so much changing from one minute to the next, having a consistent approach to comms you can rely on is powerful

Highlighted

It also help everyone who is juggling/adapting to working from home with co-workers (partners, kids, roommates) set expectations with them about availability. Tell the Bell