Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

How does the tkb and blog templates look out of the box without custom styling?

Jump to solution

We have had most of our community customised since we started up, and now I would like to see how far we have moved away from the out-of -the-box  templates.

Does anyone have an example of how these interactionstyles look without customisation? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: How does the tkb and blog templates look out of the box without custom styling?

Jump to solution

@JulieU - The OOTB UI would be pretty minimal but would serve the purpose. It would still have your new customized header/footer and navigation + any new base colours, font styles, size etc. you have added for your skin for background, fonts, title etc. 

The good thing is, since they are enabled on your instance, you can go ahead and check them on your dev or staging instance to see for your self how they look without the customization. If you want to see that with the vanilla look, i.e. without your changes being inherited, apply the base skin to the new category which will have TKB and Blogs.

we used to refer this earlier, but it is too old now to even consider. 

I hope this helps.

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Re: How does the tkb and blog templates look out of the box without custom styling?

Jump to solution

Thanks @VarunGrazitti ,

I don't have a dev environment right now, but can I test on a test category in staging without affecting any areas in production when I push updates?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@JulieU - That's right, you can do so on stage. The stage admin is independent of production admin. Only studio changes are common and go live when you push a build.

0 Kudos
New Commentator

Jump to solution

Try the ColorMag theme if you're looking for a magazine-style layout.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Jump to solution

Hey @VarunGrazitti 

It seems this doesn't help me much because the components are customised. Not just the skin. So when I change skin the components go balistic.  Perhaps I need to use OOTB components too? Which ones are they?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@JulieU - No worries, in that case - you can revert the page layout to its original settings to have the default components in the community. This link should help.

0 Kudos