Khoros Atlas Logo

Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is this a bug? Insert Code is showing emoticons

Jump to solution

We are a technical community and love the Insert Code option.  Since this is specifically offered for inserting code, why are emoticons enabled in this box? 

I would not expect emoticons to appear when an engineer tries to write a colon followed by a p. 😛  

Our members are understandably complaining about this behavior.  I consider this a bug. 

Should I submit a ticket to support?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies 4
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Re: Is this a bug? Insert Code is showing emoticons

Jump to solution

@mhock - This should be configurable. Can you please try toggling the setting Turn off emojis within preformatted text under Community Admin -> Display -> Emojis. That should hopefully resolve the issue, I see this setting is not checked on your community currently.

Chad B.
Technical Lead, Technical Support Engineer
Khoros

Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Jump to solution

@ChadB 

Thanks for the quick reply.  Sorry for my delay.

As I reviewed the hover over in the Community Admin, it appears this turns it off for the entire Community.  Is there any option to only have it off in the "Insert Code" feature? If not, can you explain the purpose of insert code if it doesn't take the content as plain text?

Melissa

0 Kudos
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

Jump to solution

@mhock - This setting is designed to disable emotion shortcuts within any PRE HTML tags, which the Insert Code function leverages. I would not expect it to impact other areas of the community unless PRE tags are getting leveraged elsewhere. I just tested it on your staging environment and it seems to work fine for me:

emoji_insert_code.PNG

This is what the HTML markup looks like from that post:

<p>test :)</p>
<pre>test :)</pre>

Just confirming you toggle the setting "Turn off emojis within preformatted text" and not "Turn off emojis everywhere"? I left the settings as-is on stage if you'd like to review there.

Best,

Chad B.
Technical Lead, Technical Support Engineer
Khoros

0 Kudos
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Jump to solution

@ChadB 

Thanks for going the extra mile to check the functionality.  In my post Turkey stupor, I didn't even see the second option on the page.  That is truly pathetic.

I have enabled it and will have happy developers.

Thanks again!

Melissa