Khoros Atlas Logo

Alexander
New Commentator

Question regarding your software

Jump to solution

Howdy,

I'm planning on opening a company this fall to do with the gaming industry and I'm planning on getting a Lithium forum as I'm expecting lots of traffic once I open.;)

I was wondering what the cost was monthly for the software and how some of the features work like moving threads or single messages from a thread to another, and marking specific boards as read-only.;)

I'm planning on getting Lithium by August. So hopefully your answers will assist me in making a decision on this as I have been looking around lately. I have tried Invision Power Board 2.3, VBulletin, and Simple Machines Forums, but I found those easy to exploit the coding to gain access to the ACP.;)

Thanks for your time.:)

- Alex

Edit: Forgot one question. - Do you host the message boards on your servers or do I host the software on my own? Thanks again.:)

0 Kudos
3 Replies 3
Khoros Alumni (Retired) TreyW Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Re: Question regarding your software

Jump to solution

Hi Alex!

Someone should be with you shortly, probably next week during business hours.  

Thank you for your interest in Lithium and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Trey Waddell
Senior Project Manager, Services
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

Sounds like you're working on some exciting stuff.  Great that you're tapping into the Community in the planning phases already! 🙂

Can help answer a few of your questions....

Lithium offers a hosted Community solution, so it's all available via the web.  I don't think they offer an on-premise option, but I could be mistaken.

You can easily make a specific forum board have read-only access, if you wanted.  It's just a matter of drilling down to that specific forum board and denying the permissions for users to "create forum threads" and "reply to forum threads" (or whatever those specific settings are called).

It's pretty easy to move threads or single posts to other locations in the forum.  You just select "move thread" or "move post" and then use a folder drill-down tree to select the location you would like to move it to. You can leave a placeholder link and text (e.g. explaining why you moved it) in the original location.  If you want to combine post(s) with an existing thread, you have to look at the unique forum thread and pull that # into the process, so that takes a bit of time & isn't as intuitive, but it's not hard.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Roxy
EmilyWilliamso
New Commentator

Jump to solution

First of fall, I congrats for opening a new company and best of luck.

In regards to the cost, it depends on the website/forum functionality, and then you finalise your domain and hosting as well. As I searched out, you already redirect your Lithium forum to new domain. I hope you review the website properly before acquiring the Lithium forum.

0 Kudos