cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

"Start a Topic" Button Not on Label View of Forum

I've just realized when a label on any of our forum pages is selected, users (even myself as admin) can then no longer "Start a Topic." Is there a way for them to be able to still create a new thread even from when they're filtered to a particular label? Does anyone else have this issue? See photo below...

Start a topic available on home forum page...

startatopic.png

No"Start a topic" available when selecting a label....

nostartatopic.png

6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi @calebmt, I can confirm. After having filtered to a label, the "filteredbylabelpage" appears. Maybe, it's just a matter of adding "Start a topic" here with a tiny customization.

Valued Contributor

I'll have to try that. Anyone, by chance, know the XML code to include that would show that button? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Anyone ever figure this out - I noticed this today, post-button is already on the page, it's just not showing up.  I'm thinking this has to be a bug, as it makes no sense for this page to not have the start a topic button.  

Highlighted

Hi Stan,

By design the Forums Filtered By Label Page  displays a list of forum contents using the label selected; it is not designed or intended to start a discussion - the same reason why customizing and adding primary-post-button did not render the component effective.

Nonetheless, it appears like a promising Product Enhancement. On similar lines, it is an earnest request to raise this concern by posting about it in Khoros Product Idea.

I hope that helps.🙂
AK
Highlighted

Thanks guys.  I disagree strongly with the premise, but can accept the answer.  It's a "Forum" page, is makes zero sense to not allow for the existing post-button to show up there.  Said different, it's bananas that I am going to have to create my own button that replicates the existing post-button.  It's the little stuff like this that drives me bonkers.

Highlighted

Hi,

We created a custom component with the New Topic button and added this component to many pages across the community including a page where to see the topics with a specific label. 

You will need to add the component to the ForumsFilteredByLabelPage page.

Here is what we have in the component:

<div class="customNewTopicButton">
<a class="NewTopic-link" href="/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true/interaction-style/forum/override-styles/true">Start a topic</a>
</div>

<script>
$(document).ready(function(e){

if(window.location.href.indexOf("ct-p") > -1) {
	//This is a category page
	$('.NewTopic-link').attr("href","/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/${coreNode.id}/choose-node/true");
}
else
	if(window.location.href.indexOf("m-p") > -1) {
		//This is a topic page
		//Get the categoryid from a breadcrumb
		var arr = $('.crumb-category.lia-breadcrumb-category').attr('href').split('/');
		var categoryID = arr[arr.length-1];
		$('.NewTopic-link').attr("href","/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/"+ categoryID +"/choose-node/true");
	}
});
</script>