Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Add link (icon) to search result that links directily to the matched post

Hi There,

A few of our users has suggested an extra feature in the search functionality.

When searching the link that is found allways directs to the topic. Even if it is a specific post within that topic that matches. The users would like to be able to get a direct link to the specific post aswell.

They think expanding a search result with an extra link (or an icon) that links to the matched post within a topic will be sufficient solution. Does this allready excist? Can this be put on the Khoros roadmap as a feature request? What do other Community managers think about this?

@SuzieH I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question in. Please move the topic if you feel somewhere else is better. 

Originally a Visual Designer and Javascript Developer based in NL. Now creating components and custom pages using Freemarker and API queries in Studio.
2 Replies 2
Boss

This should be already the case. Khoros Search will show a link "Show results in Replies" if the match for a search occured in one of the topic's replies:
Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 09.39.09.png
Clicking on this will reveal a message teaser of the matching message and you can click on that to show the full:
Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 09.40.17.png

Those screenshots I took from the search results of a Search for "Places" here on Khoros Atlas. Is that what your user is asking for?

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Advisor

Thanks Claudius! I will check and get back on it 🙂

Originally a Visual Designer and Javascript Developer based in NL. Now creating components and custom pages using Freemarker and API queries in Studio.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.