Public
Genius

Connecting: Online Help/Support Communities

Hello!

I'm currently managing a b2b Help style community. I would love to meet with others who are doing a similar thing. This is a new space for me, so would love to meet with more folks around this space. 

Alternatively, I have experience and knowledge in beta communities and helping build a connection with community and product. 

-----
Community Manager at AppDynamics
22 Replies 22
Leader

Hi @i_am_ryan -- happy to connect with you at Engage -- and anyone else with a support-style community. We've certainly learned a lot (and are continuing to learn) on our journey.

Chris Hemedinger @ SAS -- https://communities.sas.com

@cjdinger  - Looks like we can't PM people here I'd share my email with you so we can link up. Or let's wait to see if this gets anymore people and we can get a group hang. 

-----

Hello @i_am_ryan, I'd love to connect as well. I have been managing both B2C & B2B communities for years!   I also sent you a PM. Just click on the profile badge of anyone you want to PM, and there is a Private Message Button just below their profile banner!

Hello again @cjdinger , it will be good to see you again!

Allison (Alley) Fasching

I was just hovering over the names and all it showed was the badge. On my community, a hover shows the direct option to message.

Let's keep this thread going and we'll find a way to link us all together if more people want to join in on it

-----
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Ryan! so glad to see you engaging in this group (no pun intended :-). I wanted to note the following process to DM people in the community. 

Click on the user profile name you wish to DM
This will take you to their profile page
Scroll down to the 2nd module on the right side and click the "Private Message" button, click on the private message envelope at the top right of the page
Choose to compose a new message and type in the user name.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see you all at Khoros Engage! 
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

If y'all would like, I'd be happy to join in as well (considering one of the focus of our Community here is support as well). 

Let me know! I'll be around @ Engage and floating between sessions anyway.

Everyone is welcome. I'll kick off a group PM when we get a bit closer so add everyone that is involved. 

-----

Hello @PhilippeM! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Allison (Alley) Fasching
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Sounds great, @A11ey ! Thanks for always taking part.  

Leader

Hi @i_am_ryan 

I am also in 🙂

Maybe it makes sense to have our own little roundtable in between the sessions.

Our Community is also mainly a help/support community (tech/software).

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Esther

Community Manager @TeamViewer

definitely! I have some gaps in my schedule during some of their product stuff that I can spare some time.

-----

I am Ryan, too! I'm the community manager for a B2C support community for users of our financial professional software, and we're also using Case Portal for B2B support. Happy to huddle up with y'all next week!

Awesome, looks like we're getting a solid little group together! I'll do a mass reach out soon. 

-----

Thrilled to have found this thread, thank you @KatieMa! I'd love to join a meet-up or roundtable. I work for a technology company with an external-facing community. In particular, I'm looking to connect with community professionals who:

• have scaled content aggregation (e.g., top 5 lists, etc.)
  • have scaled knowledge base article improvements to reduce cases,
  • scaled SEO efforts (e.g., page improvements), or
  • who have organized concerted efforts to increase customer participation in the community. 

I'm happy to share what we've seen work/not work on our end regarding increasing adoption. Additionally, we did a rather large launch this past April and are seeing positive progress with conversations and SME participation. In general, I love meeting people in this sector. 

Hi, I'm also managing software/tech community. I'll be happy to talk with all of you!

At the moment, we are looking for ways of bringing more learning courses to the Community. Any use cases would be helpful.

@TanyaGorbunova happy to share what we've done and considered! 

By any chance are you guys attending the Monday night tech invite dinner? 

Genius

just started a big dm, I believe i have everyone one included. If I missed someone let me know. 

Not really sure how we are going to arrange us all meeting that works for everyones schedule. 

But lets figure it out!

-----

Update:

So it looks like private messages may not be the best way to talk to all. I'm at product training, lunch is at 12:15 I believe, i'm free then.

I will also be attending the opening ceremony event as well as the dinner event. 

-----

@i_am_ryan  In which Training are you? Community, Marketing or Care?

I'm in Community, in Indigo room I believe. 

-----

Ok - cool. I am in Care in Marigold.

let‘s catch up later!

Hi. I'll be happy to meet and talk - perhaps during the lunch. I'm in Iris now and I'm wearing pink-white-blue dress that may look like the US flag from a distance.