Public

LiNC to LiNC: Where did the year go?

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Katy KeimKaty Keim is the Chief Marketing Officer at Lithium Technologies. She is a frequent contributor in the Social CRM Matters blog.

On the Lithosphere she is KatyK. Or you can find her on Twitter @katykeim or at her blog, BookSnob

With full inboxes, phone calls to return and long to do lists to be executed, I know all of us feel the pressure every day to “make it happen”. In the extraordinary pace of technology and certainly the dynamic nature of the ‘social’ market, it’s often hard to sort out the progress we’re making. There is never a shortage of things to do.

I’m used to telling my teams that the only way you can actually celebrate the progress you’ve made is to look back and reflect on the distance you’ve covered.

As we prepare for LiNC ’11—our customer conference on May 18-20th—I smile at the fact that I am approaching my first anniversary here at Lithium. LiNC 2010 was actually my very first day with Lithium.  It is where I met many of you. It was an exciting start!

It prompted me to reflect back and show how much things have changed “LiNC to LiNC”. Wow. What a difference a year makes.

While news feeds seem to be filled with “momentum” press releases in Q1 touting why every vendor dominates their market, Lithium has an approach that’s slightly different.

Of course, we think we’re terrific. But success is a reflection not of what we say are within the four walls at Lithium, but what others say and contribute to who we are. Customer awards, deployed communities, analyst accolades – that’s the definition of our success.

It’s been a terrific year. And, no doubt, a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Looking forward to seeing you all in San Francisco at LiNC!

Tags (2)