Public

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile: Laura Feeney, National Instruments

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Social CRM Virtual Summit Expert Profile:  Laura Feeney, National Instruments

On November 11th, Lithium is hosting the largest online conference for social media and CRM professionals at the Social CRM Virtual Summit. The change brought about by the social media revolution has impacted every area of industry, including how customers choose to interact with companies and each other online, particularly where they turn for trusted information.

vscrm_logo_sample.pngThis virtual summit comes at a time when companies are starting to see tangible financial results from deeper online engagement with customers, and will explore the current capabilities of and future for Social CRM.

With webcasts by Social CRM thought leaders and live chats with industry experts and practitioners, the Virtual Summit will be a ground breaking event. Remember you can sign up for this free event here, and jump into the conversation on Twitter using #vscrm.

To introduce you to the experts presenting at the event, we’ll be running a series of mini profiles here in the Lithosphere.

Expert:  Laura Feeney, Web Project Engineer, National Instruments

vscrm-laurafeeney.jpgLaura Feeney is a Web Project Engineer for National Instruments, one of the leaders in transforming the way engineers and scientists design, prototype and deploy systems for measurement, automation and embedded applications. In her role at NI, Laura is responsible for the very popular NI Discussion Forums.

She will be hosting a chat session with other experts on how companies can use ideation/suggestion tools to drive innovation in a community.

Q:  What got you involved in community and/or social media to begin with?

Prior to 2006 I was involved directly in our forums as an applications engineer helping answer customers’ support questions.   I always enjoyed interacting with users on the forum so when the opportunity arose to have a bigger impact and manage the NI communities, I jumped at it.

Q:  What are you currently working on?

I am part of our Web Support & Operations group and so I work on a wide variety of projects both inside and outside of the NI Discussion Forums.  On the forums front, I am working on reducing our department's overhead when we provide support on the forums.  In addition I am part of a team that spans groups throughout National Instruments to define a better navigation experience between multiple content repositories, including the forums.  Outside of the Forum, I am leading a project to update our customer service request management tool on the support site.

Q: What is big community topic on your mind at the moment?

We are updating our rank and reputation model on the forums and combining it with user statistics from the other community areas on our site.  We need to provide continuity for our superusers that are very invested in our existing model, yet provide opportunities for growth within the model as we add more community activities to our site.  We have been working on the best way to do this by soliciting feedback from our current users as well as the other community managers at National Instruments.

-----

You can connect with Laura on LinkedIn.

vscrm-header.png