Khoros Community

Hidden Power of Your Customers - Interview with Becky Carroll

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

PaulGillihamProfilePaul Gilliham is Lithium's Director of Customer Marketing,  responsible for customer engagement marketing, social media and Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere.

He is a regular blogger for Lithium and in the Lithosphere you'll see him as PaulGi. You can follow him on Twitter at @lithiumtech or @bladefrog

Book-sml.png

You've heard me say many times that I definitely feel privileged to work with some of the smartest people, both at Lithium and in our customer base. They are passionate, knowledgeable and innovative - and that is infectious to work with, inspiring other team members and colleagues.

A lot of them present at events. A lot blog. Not that many of them author books. Becky Carroll (@bcarroll7) is one of the people I have been working with for the last couple of years. She is a community manager and social strategist at Verizon Residential. But has for years run a very successful and popular blog called CustomersRock.net 

This has led her to be a keynote speaker around the country, have a tv spot on the morning program in San Diego and be a regular panelist everywhere. Becky has taken all that knowledge in creating customer experiences and turned the work into her first book - The Hidden Power of Your Customers: Four Keys to Growing Your Business Through Existing Customers.

Published last week (July 20th) by John Wiley & Sons, the book is really a distillation of all the experience that Becky has accumulated working with some of the best companies in the world. 

I got the opportunity to chat with Becky at LiNC in May, about the book. Now that it is published, I thought it would be a good time to air the interview. Hope you enjoy it.

On behalf of the Lithium team, congratulations on the new book Becky!

About the Author
Paul is the Director of Community and Digital Strategy at Lithium Technologies, responsible for Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere and Lithium.com plus associated properties.
2 Comments
Occasional Commentator beckyc
Occasional Commentator

Thank you, Paul, for your very kind words. Much appreciated!

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

No problem Becky! Good luck with the book from everyone at Lithium, and see you soon!