Khoros Community

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Re: LSI metrics for actions by a specific group of people over time?

Jump to solution

@LarryI @CarolineS  Another question about the User Reports in Admin Metrics. Does the 'Posts' data in the User Report include 'Replies' to topics? I am trying to see which of our Solution Consultants are participating in our forums and want to make sure I am fully capturing their activity.

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution
Yes it does. Posts is topics + replies.
Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
Advisor
Advisor

Jump to solution

@Wendy_S I am noticing some confusing data on the user metrics report. Do you know how it would be possible for a user to have 6 posts, 0 board views, and 436 posts read? What defines a 'board view' and how could someone be viewing posts without going to any boards?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Khoros Staff RhysD
Khoros Staff

Jump to solution

@mvanpelt let me attempt to clear up some of your confusion. 

Board View = total number of times an overview page for a board or forum is viewed. Think of the overview page as the area you would see all the posts within a board. I've attached a screenshot example from the Khoros community to give you some clarity. The Li discussions board below is the overview page you see when you go to that section of the community. The one before that is the category where the board lives, in this case the Lithium Community product category. Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 12.08.38 PM.png

How would it be possible to have no board views, but have multiple posts being read? Two idea come to mind for me: Either your users are clicking directly into the posts from an activity stream or something of the like, or through SEO. If someone searches a question, either through google or on the community search bar, they won't go to the board where that post is placed, but will get a list of similar posts on a search result. Image below (A little small but I wanted to show you more than just this return on the search). Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 12.16.31 PM.png

If I click into a post from this search result, I would be bypassing the board completely and be going directly to the post. Since I didn't go to the board overview page where all discussion for Li community would be located, it wouldn't create a board view in your data set. But it would be a post read. 

Does this make sense? 

RD