Khoros Community

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Pop Up

Perhaps I'm not using the right terminology, but I'm desperately trying to add some sort of pop dialogue box that tells users about the GDPR changes and asks them to accept the new terms. I can't seem to find any way to do this and according to Lithium this is somehow a 3 week process. Any advice on what I can do, besides switching to a more user friendly community management platform? Below is the response I got from my account manager, which doesn't do anything for me unfortunately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke to our VP of product, as well as people on the Professional Services team. The below is correct. However, we are working to build out a GDPR Starter kit for next month, which is a purchasable plugin that includes a customizable cookie consent notification.

Alternatively, I can work to get an SOW in place. Professional Services resources are assigned every Friday (so next Friday at the earliest) and staffed within ~10 business days from then. I anticipate the build itself is relatively quick. I can also look into European PS availability to help expedite, as I imagine they have been building quite a few of these lately.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Pop Up

Hey,

i did something similar myself,  my own dev team, I don’t have the skills Smiley Happy 

i needed to ensure all my users where 18years or older so I used an interstitial  page which was displayed after login, users then have tick a box before they are able to go any further. 

When they tick and confirm a role is added,  using page initialization script users are pushed to a custom page asking to accept, until they do they keep hitting the page  

it took us a while to build this and weed out bugs it works a dream but wasn’t a quick job so I wouldn’t underestimate the level of effort, yes PS is expensive but my suggestion is to get a development partner who’ll be able to support with ad hoc stuff like this for less€£¥$

Happy to make an intro to the company I use “based in UK but they work internationally” 

stephen 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Pop Up

Lithium are by no means perfect but pushing this back onto them not having a user friendly platform due to your lack of organisation is not fair. Any platform you use would need some dev work to do what you are asking, either by the vendor or by a third party.

I understand the need to get this in soon as GDPR has come into effect and it seems your account manager is trying to expedite your request to try to get you help sooner.

If you can't wait that long then I would do as @Fellsteruk has suggested and contract a third party, however don't be surprised if they also take a couple of weeks once you have gone through the process of costing, development, testing and delivery.

0 Kudos