Khoros Community

Hero
Hero

Post page body content field - is it possible to have content prefilled?

Hi there experts Smiley Happy 

I am looking to create a private internal Idea Exchange for employees. For this particular initative, a requirement is to have users answer 3-5 questions to get ideation and ensure submissions are meeting basic requirements. 

We could link the Idea Board to some guidelines in our 'Gettting Started' section but I wondered if it was possible JUST for this Idea Board's Post Page, to have the questions embeded in the post page? 

As they go to type the text would stay as a guide and force users to answer each question in the Idea submission process (because, really, who does read the guidelines?! ? 

capture.PNG 

0 Kudos
6 Replies 6
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Post page body content field - is it possible to have content prefilled?

@syork
You can set prefilled subject but no way to do it for the body. You can add a placeholder but not the actual prefilled text for the body section. For any kind of customization on the post page, you have to raise a ticket to the support team(support@lithium.com) .

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query
Hero
Hero

Thanks for the quick response @VikasB

When you say placeholder, can you please clarify what you mean for that? Is it possible to do for posts within one board? 

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@syorkHere you can see the "Search this board" is a placeholder when you will start type in the inbox, this placeholder will get erased.  https://prnt.sc/kxxs4k

To add the placeholder, you just need to add this custom key in studio

form.MessageEditor.field.body.placeholder@place:idea = Enter your message in this area.

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query
Khoros Guru
Khoros Guru

You might want to have a look at the "Advisory Message" functionality that is available within the Lithium Community platform: https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Search-tools/Search-Before-Post-enhancements-with-Responsive/ta-p...

An alternative would be a bit more custom and involve hiding the default post flow when entering the post flow and show a custom form instead that asks for specific details. Upon finishing this "Guided post" flow the answers would be formatted and posted in a specific layout. We used this approach here on the Lithosphere during the Lithy 2018 submission flow. Another example would be the HP Support community that asks for OS and model details:

HP_Community_Post_flow.png

Take a look here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/tablets/choose-node/true

Learn how to master Khoros. Visit the Best Practice Center

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

We are also looking into putting custom fields in ideas at a later date, which will help with scenarios like this.

0 Kudos
Hero
Hero

Amazing @ClaudiusH! Thank you for those super helpful instructions. 

The way we have designed this post page, I think we need to do some customisation so it is responsive but great to know this is here Smiley Happy appreciate the help. 

And that form customisation is very helpful - I can see some cases we could use this for sure. 

Stakeholders will be happy! 

0 Kudos