Khoros Community

Occasional Contributor BeverlyBrown
Occasional Contributor

Referencing @names doesn't always work

Another user and I at SAS have experienced trouble referencing @names in posts. What we're seeing is similar to problems described in this thread from a year ago: http://community.lithium.com/t5/Suggestions-for-our-community/Tagging-users-works-when-it-wants-to/t...  

My colleague wrote a post and wanted to reference a user using "@name"., but the user's ID never appeared, though the person clearly has a profile on our community. I've experienced this most often when searching for a user in the pull-down menu on our board's home page. (I'm using Chrome, btw, if that makes a difference.)

Would appreciate this community's ideas.

3 Replies 3
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Referencing @names doesn't always work

Sorry @BeverlyBrown, just to confirm, are you having trouble with the at mention feature or with user searches?

If its only the latter, then it might just be that you are including the @ symbol in your search. This is not necessary and will actually return a zero result. The symbol is only used in discussion posts to trigger the at mention feature and alert the other member via a notification.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor BeverlyBrown
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JasonHill, it's both @ mentions and user searches (I'm not using the @ in user searches.) RE: @ mentions in posts like this one, sometimes the user's name will appear, but only for a split second, then it disappears. So I'll have to type @ and the username several times before I'm able to select fast enough for the name to "stick." Sort of like a cigarette lighter that sparks over and over, but keeps not "catching." If there's a fix, I hope it's an easy one!

nikjohn1538
New Commentator

Hey, Follow this info

May it is useful

I'm a very novice R programmer trying to convert SAS code to R code. I need to sum up the values for different variables separating the y group.

Thanks,

Nikhil John

http://bit.ly/2QsuzRY

0 Kudos