Khoros Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

I have a community user that is complaining about the lack of threading  from our community email.   I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue.  I can't find any settings that would/could control this.   Any comment/feedback welcome.  Below is the message from our customer:

------------

Hi, I mostly use emails to keep up to date on the communities I am interested in, and use Outlook.  The Community platform (Lithium?) doesn't seem to play nicely with Outlook in that it seems to be impossible to view emails from the Community in threaded / conversation mode.

This is what it looks like in Outlook (2016):

outlook.png

Is there a config change that can be made on the Community platform to enable this functionality?

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

In Outlook, if you group by Subject line instead of by Date, you'll get that subject-level threading effect.

Still, it's not the same as native e-mail conversations because the e-mail notifications don't support the concept of one message being a "reply" to another.  

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Threaded view in Outlook for emails from community

Thanks.   That's what I thought.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos