Khoros Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Unread posts in a forum

Jump to solution

Is there a way to use something like /t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread at a forum level?    This unread message page is REALLY nice, but not that useful for us at the community level. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Unread posts in a forum

Jump to solution

Try this:
/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/board-id/[INSERT BOARD ID HERE]/tab/message

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Manager @ National Instruments

Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Jump to solution

@lilim sorry to jump in but I didn't think just a kudos would suffice - I really like this page but have had similar questions re: usage, that's snippet is a game changer.

Do you know if it can also apply to category or user level?

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Jump to solution
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @Kev_B 

In my community, we have an "unread topics" component on category pages and board pages. If you click through the component, you can choose to see unread topics or posts (which is where I got the link from).

Lili McDonald

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Jump to solution

@lilim does that component need to be enabled anywhere?   I've got it in the quilt between my labels and unanswered topics components, but it's not showing up for users that have unread messages in a forum,  Maybe it starts working from the time it's implemented(?)   Time will tell I guess.

notthere.jpgunreadtopicselement.jpg

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

I don't believe there are any other settings for that component.

You could check the XML view to ensure you have the slim mode selected, to see if that makes any difference. I don't think the regular view fits into a sidebar.

<component id="forums.widget.unread-threads" mode="slim"/>

Lili McDonald

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Jump to solution

@lilim thanks for that, it made me look at the xml and when I did I was surprised.   Though the component shows in the quilt, it was missing from the XML.  I've never seen that before (though I've seen the opposite many times).    I added it to the xml and all is well.   I REALLY do appreciate your helpfulness. 

--