Lithys 2017: Optus - Digital Design Excellence

Lithys 2017: Optus - Digital Design Excellence

The redesign from My Optus Community to Yes Crowd has played a key role in our success over the past year. By improving the UX and implementing a customer-friendly look and feel, we have: driven 1.5 million visits to our blog, achieved 90% digital containment for our Premier League support hub, seen a record number of registrations and visitations to our platform and deflected 1,521,266 calls, making a colossal 163% increase in costs saved YoY for Optus.

----------------------------

Company: OptusOptus_logo1.png

Entry submitted by: Nadia Hudson, Senior Manager, Digital Communities, Service, and Claudia Sagripanti, Senior Digital Project Manager, Digital Sales & Service 

Community: Yes Crowd - Optus

Lithy category:  Digital Design Excellence

Optus provides a range of communications services that include mobile, national and long-distance services, local and international telephony, business network services, internet and satellite services and digital media services.

In FY16 we redesigned our existing community, My Optus Community and rebranded as Yes Crowd. Why did we do this? Well firstly, the entire Optus business was preparing for a brand refresh in May 2016 and My Optus Community had seen significant growth in the 12 months leading up to that point. Not only had our user base increased from 41,495 to 65,637 in the space of a year, we had implemented new capabilities to the platform during that time, including: a blog section, Community WIKI (how-to guides) page, a program for superusers and a community kudos leaderboard to hero our top contributors. With a company-wide brand refresh imminent, we knew it was necessary to re-evaluate the look and feel of the community so we could make it much more user friendly and enticing with content at the front and center.

So what did we do? We changed our name to Yes Crowd, completely revamped the design and UX of our homepage and optimized our platform for mobile to create a space where we could promote Optus products and initiatives whilst retaining the primary focus of the community: to reduce calls into our contact centers and to drive a digital-first customer service experience.

Homepage – Old vs New

o1.jpg

New trending leaderboard

o2.png

New Blog section

o3.png

As part of this strategy, we also integrated Yes Crowd within My Optus app so that customers could easily get involved with the community and find help and support at the touch of a button. It was also important for us to do this because of the increase in mobile usage over desktop usage that we had noticed on our platform.

Accessing Yes Crowd on My Optus app

o4.png

We also created three bespoke support hubs for Optus Sport, SMB and handsets. The Optus Sport support hub achieved 90% digital containment and our Business Care hub (providing support for SMB customers) helped us deflect 21k calls in the first 3 months post-launch – these hubs were so successful because of their easily navigable design and UX.

Premier League Support Hub

o5.png

SMB Support Hub

o6.png

Handset support hub

o7.png

The redesign was not without its challenges however; when we rebranded My Optus Community, the wider Optus brand refresh had not happened yet so we had to come up with a hybrid design that would look and feel similar to the company-wide rebrand but could be altered if necessary.

Overall

The redesign from My Optus Community to Yes Crowd has played a key role in our success over the past year. By improving the UX and implementing a customer-friendly look and feel, we have: driven 1.5 million visits to our blog, achieved 90% digital containment for our Premier League support hub, seen a record number of registrations and visitations to our platform and deflected 1,521,266 calls, making a colossal 163% increase in costs saved YoY for Optus.

Comments

Love the new look!

Awesome new look, absolutely smashing it 🙂

Congratulations everyone, world class

Great work guys....