Telefónica is one of the world leading integrated operators in the telecommunications sector, providing communication, information and entertainment solutions, with presence in Europe and Latin America. It operates in 24 countries. As of September 2013, Telefónica’s total number of customers amounted to 320.3 million.
Telefonica Spain’s 2014 goals focused on the following:
Reduce customer support telephone calls
Increase CSI in social environments
Increase commercial leads to homepage
Improve SEO positioning (especially for FTTH and 4G)
Improve the tone of the Internet buzz towards Movistar
Improve customer self-servicing
Through our Lithium-powered community, we were primarily able to support our call reduction goal with significant cost savings in 2013. In addition, community has increased our CSI, CHI, and NPS, as well as acquisition and traffic. Here are some of our results in those areas (also see our Digital Strategy Leader entry for additional results):
- Customers are thrilled with engaging with the service provider and peers in a thriving engagement hub. Our community boasts a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 76% in response to the question “would you recommend us to your friends and family?”
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) of customers attended in the Community: 9.1
- Community Health Index (CHI): stable over 700 during the last year (Top 5 in Telco Sector )
- Telefonica’s landmark product, Movistar Fusion, an integrated offering that brings together broadband, mobile, landline, and television services all in 1 simple package, has achieved successful results since the launch in October 2012. Before the official commercial launch, Fusion was introduced to the community for a few weeks prior as the central communication hub, where customers generated hundreds of posts ranging from billing questions to general excitement and feedback from members who were eager to either sign up or switch their existing plan to Fusion. To this day, the Fusion FAQ on the community is still one of our most visited posts—approximately 85,000 unique visits with over 700 posts since the FAQ was posted in September 2012. This helpful FAQ has contributed to Telefonica’s increase in call deflection.
The thriving Movistar community has provided tremendous cost savings for Telefonica:
- 56% of surveyed community members indicated that they were able to get a resolution through the community without needing to call customer service.
- Of those 56%, 65% of them declared that they may have called our call center if they hadn’t found the answer they were looking for through community.
- As a result, we received 15.2M visits to our community and avoided 5M calls, which amounted to €10 million in savings in 2013.
Here is an example of a hot topic that community was able to resolve: How to change the Wifi router password (385,000 visits):
Another example of a popular issue that community was able to resolve: How to switch the voice mailbox off (300,000 visits):