Khoros Atlas Logo

Advisor
Advisor

Best Practices for identifying interesting/note-worthy conversations

I am in the process of creating an analytics dashboard, which I am hoping will make it a bit easier to identify interesting conversations to share with our community (in the form of a digest/highlights newsletter)...  

At this point, I am interested in hearing how others go about discovering "note-worthy" forum content and/or solutions in their own communities?  What data points do you rely on to uncover these hidden gems (for lack of a better term)?

3 Replies 3
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Best Practices for identifying interesting/note-worthy conversations

@leahknowles I'm sure you can get clues from seeing which threads had the highest number of replies and the highest number of views. Although there's no substitute for reading as many posts as possible. This is where I think the unread discussions page is invaluable - it's relatively easy to see what's new that you haven't read. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The biggest factor for me tends to be posts with the highest number of kudos within a given timeframe. I also tend to look for new topics started by our super users, as they tend to be "information sharing" type posts.

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Operations Manager
@ DataRobot
Highlighted
Khoros Staff PatrickW
Khoros Staff

Besides all the analytics that were mentioned above, I'd strongly suggest to also work with your moderators to discover relevant threads and topics. 

They are the ones closest to the conversation and should be able to tell you about which conversations are 'hot'.