Khoros Community

Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Re: How do you measure Weekly / Monthly Active Users?

Jump to solution

Yes, @DanK, I agree. Depending on the size of the community and the particular query you are running, that can be a limitation.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Commentator MattDe
Occasional Commentator

Jump to solution

Hey @roisinkirby!

We took the route of using the Lithium API so we wouldn't have to make exports repetitively:

Interface.png

View 2.png

We automated the requests with a macro in our software, Alteryx, that fires off an authentication request with the provided credentials (v1 API, non-SSO) and uses the Community URL and Board ID to create the request to query a given board. We did a little parsing of the response and added a filter to the date specified in the interface. You’re welcome to use the tool if you like! It looks like the below:

Active Users.png

You’d need a trial license to run the maco, but it should bring down all the data you were looking for and save you some clicks in the process!

Best of luck,

MattDe

Active Users.pngView 1.pngView 2.pngView 3.png

Jump to solution

Active Members should be a standard metric in LSI. If you agree, vote with your clicks and comments: https://community.lithium.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Add-Active-Members-Metric-to-LSI/idi-p/213082

As has been thoroughly illustrated in this thread, getting at the metric today is painful. @MattDe's solution is awesome because it doesn't require any repetitive tasks like exporting of files or manual Excel work. We're happy to build these and share as we go.

Jump to solution

thank you, this helped me. 

0 Kudos