Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How to promote community and engage

Hi,

for now we have several online marketing campaigns for making buzz and community recognition.

Also we have several giveaways, contests, also made Super user program.

We made BLOG and monthly newsletter for our subscribers.

We also include REST API searches on our company web Help &Support page to automaticaly look upon searches from community.

We have regular facebook posts about community activities.

Is there anythithing i can do to raise community awarness and engage customers to post?

Tags (1)
7 Replies 7
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: How to promote community and engage

Hi @Puljac , it looks like you're doing a lot of great things to promote the community! What kind of community do you run? Mine is a support-based community, so getting internal engagement/excitement around the community is a must! Our support and sales reps mention and promote the community on every customer interaction. 

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Sure does sound like your doing a lot of great stuff already. I think you have a similar community to myself "p2p telco support" type community. 

I think what your doing sounds great but keep your business objectives in mind, feel free to share these and correct me but i suspect your main goal is for the community to drive support in the form of p2p  to ultimately reduce your support costs. Nothing wrong with this however activities such as contents and newsletters can often attract the wrong kind of members or traffic. At the end of the day you wouldn't want to see a 100% increase in traffic and members if they only posted to take part in a content as you wouldn't get the value of them offering support to others. 

I could be wrong as i had to translate your community but your "offtopic" section didnt seen that big or active. Many with disagree with me but the key to a community is enabling users to discuss around topics of shared interest and from this you can cultivate p2p support so i would try and identify what makes your main users "tick" and give them a section to share and discuss even if its about nothing to do with your brand as it will payoff long term providing you have moderation guidelines. 

Also as mentioned by @jchen get your support staff to promote it at the end of every call or if you have an IVR, get a message played, add promos in your myaccount portal and on welcome packs etc. 

Good luck, i have to say i love your community cartoon ppl. 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi ppl @jchen @Fellsteruk 

First of all thanks for answers and picture that I'm on a right track.

@jchenwe met at this years LINC 🙂

I run support based community with high crowd ratio effort (98% of posts and answers are from the community) very low moderator effort.

P2P telco community where people asks questons about services, bill charges, but mostly tech questions about mobile phones, upgrades, versions, TV and land line.

0 Kudos
nnnfonnn
New Commentator

Form my community - dtac online community,We have the internal campaign with our staff. I've invite our staff to join the valunteer moderator by provide the training and message guide line. Setting the reward schemar for them.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Good day Puljac,

I have started utilizing our twitter and LinkedIn accounts to drive traffic to my community.

Via Hootsuite, I schedule tweets and create links with utm codes so I can track my results via Google Analytics.

This has been a very simple way to introduce my community to new members.

Blogging is next on my roadmap.

Best,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
0 Kudos
Salsacabrales
New Commentator

Really usefull Discussion thanks!!

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

jchen wrote:

Hi @Puljac , it looks like you're doing a lot of great things to promote the community! What kind of community do you run? Mine is a support-based community, so getting internal engagement/excitement around the community is a must! Our support and sales reps mention and promote the community on every customer interaction. 

Every customer interaction is an opportunity to position the community as the place where they can get interaction 24/7. We have a slide on the community in every presentation, every webinar, and folks have the opportunity to put an invitation in their email signature. That way, when a customer does have something he wants to post/find out about, they know where to go.