Khoros Community

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Looking for ideas on ranking names

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm looking for some ideas for a rank naming convention connected with a small business community. We want to start with 15 and grow from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies 4

Re: Looking for ideas on ranking names

Jump to solution

Hi Rachel - great to hear from you again!

I love talking rank structures. The question I have is, what common threads does your audience have with each other or your organization? Knowing a little bit more about the world they live in every day can help get the gears turning.

Generally speaking I lean toward structures with abstract, fun themes. Sometimes I think we get too caught up in trying to be so clear about the levels that we lose the magic of something unexpected and whimsical. That said, there isn't a one-size fits all solution.

Advisor
Advisor

Jump to solution

Hey there Brian,

Nice to talk with you again! We have to catch up soon. 

Our customers are using a suite of products and services to help manage their businesses. Anything from website builder tools to email to hosting, etc. They all have in common the need and desire to keep things organized and want the opportunity to market their businesses in order to grow. 

I like whimsical/surprise elements and I think it would work. Just struggling on what that would look like. 

Thanks!

Rachel

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Got it - this one is a little more difficult than most due to the wide range of businesses that could be participating. Here are some initial whacks at it:

• Organizational office supplies (Paperclip, Stapler, Binder...)
  • Evolution of business (Back of the Napkin, Business Cards, Grand Opening...)
  • Small business marketing terms (Coupon, Flyer, Gift Certificate...)
  • History of communication (Telegraph, Telephone, Rolodex, Database...)
  • Tax brackets (Just kidding!Smiley Very Happy)
Advisor
Advisor

Jump to solution

Love it! Thanks! I'll run it by some co-workers and let you know where we netted out. You rock!

Rachel

0 Kudos