Khoros Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sample Employee Guidelines

Lithium recommends that we prepare Employee Guidelines prior to the launch of our Community.  My understanding is that Employee Guidelines are an addendum to the User Guidelines of a community and include additional items that employees should follow as representative of your organization. 

Does any one have sample Employee Guidelines they would be willing to share?  

Tags (1)
7 Replies 7
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Sample Employee Guidelines

Hey,

Could I ask what role your employees will plan in your community? It's right to have guidelines for them but it depends on what they will be doing.

We have social and online guidelines within our employee handbook which essentially says "don't post" unless it's your job to do so but if your wanting wider employee adoption and involvement in community you may not find my approach helpful.

If you do want them involved then make sure you set clear rules about what they can say and how to say it. Maybe even have them complete a small training session and test before they are able to post, HP do something similar to this with their ambassador scheme.

Good luck

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Retired Community Manager JennC
Retired Community Manager

Hi @ekorsgaard, some of your guidelines may depend on what kind of community you run. One general rule is around confidentiality/internal information for your company. Obviously, anything confidential should not be shared on the community. Another guideline you may want to have is around response time--you may want to have your employees wait awhile before posting, so that other community members have time to jump in and help out Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Jenn Chen
Community Manager, Lithium Technologies
(Formerly known as jchen)
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I would also add that you might not need to reinvent the wheel here @ekorsgaard

Most companies these days have social media policies in place. You might not need employee guidelines for your community if you already have a robust social media policy. If not, then formulating something beyond just the community would be highly recommended!

Generic1.jpg

Advisor
Advisor

Hi @ekorsgaard

I'm writing the guidelines right now. At the moment I'm working on user guideline but I think I'll create also employees' one before the launch of our Community, as Lithium suggests.

Please note, we already have a strong social media policy for employees so our guidelines will be only a "light" reminder.

I find on web this guideline (is in Italian, sorry) that seems a good starting point:

https://community.samsung.it/t5/Introduzione-e-regolamenti/Regolamento-per-partner-e-dipendenti-Sams...

Have a nice day

S

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Initially, select employees will be responsible for monitoring forums and responding to threads from customers about our products and best practices, producing content such as blogs.  We are also planning on using the community internally to store and share knowledge.

Thank you for your response.  It was helpful! 

IntuitBoris
New Commentator

Hi folks,

I am also looking for some help with this topic.  I got a moderator procedures created but would love to see what others are using as a template for employee guidelines and terms of engagement.  We currently don't have any employees jump in (only moderators) but we are looking to scale and have some agents jump in to help.  

Any feedback or point of view is highly appreciated.

Boris

0 Kudos
mbarlow
New Commentator

We already have our moderator guidelines set in place but are wanting to create employee guidelines. We want to create these guidelines for employees who aren't part of the community team but are posting on the Community sharing product updates or hosting Q&A's. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with this or have a draft of their own employee guidelines that they would be willing to share?

0 Kudos