Khoros Community

Advisor
Advisor

automatically close old topics

Hi everyone!
I read some old discussions but I didn't find the exact solution.

Is it possible to set a rule that automatically  prevents new messages in old topics (example topic older then 2 years---> close/ set as read only)

As a Plus: post an automatic message in these "obsolete" topics to inform users 

do you have best practices to manage it ?

thanks

SM

0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: automatically close old topics

@SimoneM - This is not a part of OOTB offering, and requires a custom implementation, which we have done for a few of our customers. Let me know if you would want to discuss this further.

Varun | Weaving magic with Lithium!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: automatically close old topics

On my community we have any post over a certain agent show a message about the fact it might be out of date and hide the reply buttons so users cannot contribute further. As @VarunGrazitti mentions this requires customisation to achieve.

In my implementation it is technically possible for a reply to still happen as the threads themselves are not actually locked but with the buttons missing it is highly unlikely (it hasn't happened yet). We have this feature feed off a value within a custom content field so it can be set to a different time period for different boards, which gives us flexibility.