Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

delete users repeated post

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

My community is growing slow but safe. We already hace more than 6K and have 2 months live.

The thing is that i feell thar the most relevant content for my users are topics about their business.

So, the posts or questions they made are very similar and you can tell when you use the search bar..

The question is, 1- Can I delete their posts as they talk about the same topic?

Also another doubt comes to my mind now... maybe the solution is 2- How can I feature the TKB's on the search bar as a result of any search? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies 5

Re: delete users repeated post

Jump to solution

I'd start with educating users about usage of the search feature and ask them politely to post in existing topics rather than create their own. Closing duplicate topics and redirecting the conversation to existing topics is a great way to begin the process.

You can enable Search before post in Admin > Posts & Discussions > Settings > Turn on search before post suggestions on new discussions, but I'm not sure that you can prioritize specific pieces of content in the suggestions.

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@Fiore

Congratulations on your great start. 

As Brian has mentioned, educating the members to use search and directing them to existing answers is the best approach. Utilising search before post is certainly worth trying. You might also like to use sticky posts and announcement boxes to highlight answers to frequently asked questions. A welcome board with lots of getting started information is also recommended. And the recommended posts module might help highlight the great content on your community. 

I certainly would not recommend you ever delete posts. You can imagine how that might feel to a user - some are unlikely to want to post again and might leave your community for good. It would be much better for you and your team to spend a little bit of time either answering the question again and/or directing them to the answer elsewhere in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner. You never know what investing a little bit of extra time in a community beginner might lead to - they might turn out to be a superuser in future and a huge advocate. Everyone has to start somewhere.  

Good luck,

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

Thanks so mucho @BrianOblinger !

I did so!

And also selected Search before post search scope Board.

Now I understand that those topics, won't appear when my people search on the community but just on the specific forums?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

Totally agree @JasonHill

It was justa  question of the team because we have lots of same topic forums.

But educating our people will be the solution.

Thanks so much for your recommendations.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Fiore wrote:

Thanks so mucho @BrianOblinger !

I did so!

And also selected Search before post search scope Board.

Now I understand that those topics, won't appear when my people search on the community but just on the specific forums?

Happy to help!

The search scope setting essentially filters the results displayed based on the type of modality in which they were posted. If you select "Forums", only posts from Forums will be displayed (from any forum accessible to the user doing the searching/posting).

0 Kudos