Khoros Community

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thoughts on Lithium website renovation ?

I took notice of the new messaging about the customer network / CRM and the new look of the Lithium website today.

Very cool, and updated appearance - the prior red and yellow motif really didn't showcase the company as well as it could and I'm glad to see this new direction.  Kudos!

I also like the visible demonstration of integration with community, by publishing through community stats and latest posts right to the home page.  Nice proof point on one of the platform features.

Mark

11 Replies 11
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Re: Thoughts on Lithium website renovation ?

Thanks, Mark! We're glad you like it.

0 Kudos
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks Mark!  As we said at the customer conference, companies like Lenovo (with the help of champions like you!) are leading the charge to drive real $$ value through the social connection with the customer -- we wanted to capture that essence with the Customer Network and Social CRM.  Hopefully, the new website reflects that!

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I also really like the new site design - very clean, very easy on the eyes, nice choice of fonts and colors.  Navigation is straightforward, it's very fast, and you quoted Mark!  How much better does it get?  ;-)

Seriously, nice work, guys!

Jane

Jane

0 Kudos
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Jane, and thanks Mark for your kind words as well!

I love what Sanjay and team have done, its a wonderful website and one of the smoothest launches I have seen (at least from my standpoint on the periphery Smiley Wink). They all did a great job, and its nice to see their efforts are so well received!

0 Kudos
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've liked the website ever since it was redesigned - I'm using parts of it as inspiration for my own design.

I especially like how you've created new functionality with REST API  and flash such as the graphs on the home page.

One small small thing I would say from a users point of view on the new cases portal is that the "Add comment" button is right at the bottom of the page and if you have a rather long case with comments it can be quite the scroll Smiley Happy (petty I know, but hey I'm the user)

Excellent job in showing what can be done with the software - kudos to the design team!

Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

looks like they've just updated their verison, all the fonts have gone big - same thing happened to me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

sprice wrote:

looks like they've just updated their verison, all the fonts have gone big - same thing happened to me Smiley Happy

fonts on the lithium.com site or the Lithosphere? What browser?

0 Kudos
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

lithoshere - getting mixed up Smiley Happy

litho.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Commentator DavidGR
Occasional Commentator

Sprice: Yes, this is just one of many little details that we are infusing our communities as an attempt to both improve their legibility and add a subtle branded look & feel across our products.

I will explain:

The first reason has to do with function. We are improving the way our pages feel by restructuring the hierarchy of information within them. In the past, most of the info bits on a post (Subject, author, date, metrics, etc) were laid-out on the same font size, font weight and even font color, all in a soup of letters distinguishable only by geography (placement in the page). Now: In order to make pages that afford enough data density, yet are easily scanned for the important aspects first, and the additional data on a second read... we needed to incorporate a sense of scale in importance, a visual drill-down if you will. In lists, numbers are deemed to be such primary focal point, so we added larger size in their fonts. It separates them from the rest of UI elements and creates a change in the aforementioned monotone rhythm of alphanumerics. This style shall be easier understood once we deploy multiple views across our pages (with the ability to choose between conventional column-formatted “Lists”, or upcoming modular stackable “Tiles”)

The second reason is purely form. We could obviously have chosen a bit smaller fonts, or different treatments. But if you pay attention to http://lithium.com or http://lithosphere.lithium.com... You will see we have a “signature UI” that extols the impact of bold, legible values. We don’t want to dial it to the point that obscures your own brand, but we also don’t want communities that are bland and behind the times with the latest conventions in design and communication. We are comfortable leading rather than following.

Because all the feedback attained so far though, we will turn off these style changes by default, so it does not interfere with your own UI expectations. At anytime you can turn it on if you trust our instinct for good UX and design, or keep it off and remain with the tried-and-true. This philosophy of “Do No Harm” will be closely monitored in the future, so any big changes in functionality and/or styling will be an opt-in feature, rather than opt-out.

Cheers

_dahveed
vp ux lithium.com
Tags (5)
0 Kudos