After a brief respite, we're already starting to plan for LiNC 2015. But, before moving on from this year's LiNC event, let's take a moment for reflection. Here are my 10 notable moments from LiNC ’14. I’d love to see yours too:
Top 10 from LiNC (Well top 11 actually – you'll see what I mean!)
1. The pre-event contests - @jchen 's awesome rap that won the “Free Pass to LiNC ’14” contest. She clearly has mad skillz. Then her re-cap rap . Now that's just showing off.
2. The pictures – Whether it’s the Social Selfie Winner @lolagoetz , this Social Selfie from our very own @DianaH , or the 1500 pictures posted to the mobile app (200 of them were food!) You all rocked the pictures this year;-)
3. All of our Lithy Award Winners – You are leaders in this space and shaping the future of our business. Congrats and thanks!
Support Savings MVP – Telefonica Spain
Excellence in Customer Satisfaction – TELUS
Lithium Platform Innovator – Barclaycard
Best Community Design – K2
Organization Game Changer – Comcast
Digital Strategy Leader – Telstra
Most Creative Promotion or Launch – Fox Sports Australia
Regional Star (North America) AT&T
Regional Star (Europe) Cortal Consors
Regional Star (Asia Pacific) StarHub
4. Our Lithium Stars - You are all Social Superstars! Congrats to all on a great year!
5. Jonah Peretti – Who knew the CEO of Buzzfeed was a funny cat? And, cats rule! (the internets)
5.2 Continued - Jonah’s response to the first question from the audience:
Q: What is it with you American’s and your lists?
A: Was Moses an American?
6. Mustache Harbor at The Fillmore – They rocked it. They rocked your “stache” off
7. Its not whether things don’t go according to plan – Its how you deal with it! - Turn that frown upside down and have some Pizza!
8. Harrison Barnes = #slamdunk #awesome #nicest-man-in-NBA
9. @KenichiEbina has some sick moves
In case you didn't know, our opening act won last years America’s got talent! It was great to have him on our NOW stage!
10. Our CEO Rocked - We thought our CEO @rtarkoff killed the keynote! Remember the eTrade story, Extreme Customer Expectations, The New Lithium, Trusted Content & Trusted People and the rise of the shared vlaue platform?
11. It takes a village – Thanks to all the team involved in rocking this years LiNC!
(BTW – This picture is just the marketing team… there are a LOT more people that helped us on this journey!)
And that truly is a wrap! But stay tuned for regional events, upcoming training and webinars, and a phenomenal offer for LiNC’15 next year in SF, April 29 - May 1st @ the Marriott Marquis Hotel.
LiNC memories - what are your favorite moments? Please share.
... View more
I think this Let’s Be Frank session with Lithium CEO Rob Tarkoff and reporter Nick Bilton was probably our best yet, insofar as it was the most candid (frank) and interactive. When you have a reporter as the guest, he isn’t going to be content to passively answer questions – he’s got some questions of his own. This particular reporter isn’t content to be just an author and columnist either, he’s also a, surfer, toy designer, hacker and former professor too. Sounds just like me – a total slacker.
Nick’s early interest in robotics and technology has helped to inform his reporting – the desire to explore things, learn more and then explain how those things work. It’s that curiosity that led him to try and understand how a company like Twitter came to be and write the book Hatching Twitter.
What he discovered is that the Twitter we know today exists but for the combination of an incredibly simple concept; fortunate timing and A LOT OF LUCK. Its founding is as much a story of human nature as it is of technology. And, by the way, if you build a company that changes the world, it ends up changing you.
According to Nick, Twitter has helped gaming dynamics further infiltrate technology. The leaderboard of rank and reputation as determined by others has become the true measure of social influence – how many followers, friends and connections do you have? Who’s consuming your content feed, posts and tweets? This quantified popularity ranking is how the Internet works today. Makes me glad for our added Klout.
The question of what Twitter is, never got answered. I think that question is still being answered today. So, I’ll look forward your thoughts on that subject – in 140 character or less.
If you want hear more from the recorded session, you can do that here.
Our next LBF will be in May from LiNC ’14. Hope you can join us.
... View more
We’re pretty excited to host the author and New York Times columnist Nick Bilton at our next “Let Be Frank” event, our ongoing thought-leadership series. Nick will not only discuss his best-selling book, Hatching Twitter, but also his thoughts on the future of technology and the impact of the Web on culture and media.
Before I started reading Nick Bilton’s book, I assumed that I already knew the story of how Twitter came to be. Initially, it seemed like a familiar story: A couple of young, laser-focused, techies working and coding in digital harmony to develop a revolutionary, new, social networking platform, right? Not so fast... What I leaned instead and should have expected, is that when it comes to the founding of any company, it’s often not only complicated but messy too.
The original idea for Twitter was hatched during a late night conversation between two friends confronting their own loneliness. What happened after that is what makes this book a genuine pager-turner – an engaging, behind-the-scenes, look at a company whose immense cultural impact is hard to quantify. I couldn’t help but think as I read it that it would make for a great movie – there’s drama aplenty, along with intrigue, betrayal and deep personal conflict. In fact, it’s recently been optioned for a TV series. And, to think that all of this emanated from just a hundred and forty characters. Who knew?
Join us March 20 th either in-person at our SF Headquarters, or live from the Lithium Community for a Frank discussion between Lithium CEO Rob Tarkoff and Nick Bilton by registering here. And, then join the conversation at #FrankLi
... View more
Jonah Peretti will be our featured keynote speaker on the final day of the LiNC '14 conference, May 22nd. And, you don't want to miss it because he's a genuine social media superstar, who's been called a "viral marketing hotdog" by no less then The New York Times and one of Fortune's "40 Under 40", as well as being named one of the "New Faces of Social Media" by Fast Company.
Here are 5 additional reasons why we're excited to have him speak at LiNC'14:
1. He's the co-founder and CEO of BuzzFeed, "The Media Company for the Social Age." BuzzFeed reaches 60 million unique viewers per month, providing unique commentary on serious topics such as growing old. But also less serious content such as 11 secrets your cat doesn't want you to know.
2. He invented the share button.
Feel free to start sharing that tidbit!
3. He’s the Co-Founder of The Huffington Post, which in 2012 became the first commercially run United States digital media enterprise to win a Pulitzer Prize
4. He’s interesting, smart & funny. You'll see - just click on the interview clip.
5. He really understands how content influences social behavior.
Fox/ Via giphy.com
So, join us and Jonah at this year's LiNC and take advantage of early bird pricing by registering NOW!
... View more