Public

Community Training Videos: Updating Profile, Notifications, & Subscriptions

Tour your profile 

Let’s tour your profile and show you some of the different elements that make it up. 

1. To go to your profile, go to community.khoros.com and sign in.
  2. Click your Avatar and select the “My profile” option.
  3. In profile header, you can see the date you joined, badges earned, and your engagement statistics. 
  4. To see all of the badges you’ve earned and can earn, click “View all badges” in your profile header. 
  5. Go back to your profile header by clicking the breadcrumb where it shows “About” followed by your username.
  6. Scroll down your profile to see your bio.
  7. Below your bio, you can use the arrow to see either “Topics I’ve Participated In” or “Recent Contributions”. 
  8. On the right side of your profile, you can view and click through the photos you’ve published in the community. 

We hope that helped you become familiar with your Khoros Communities profile. As you visit your profile, you’ll notice that certain sections are updated as you engage in the community.

Updating your profile

In this video, we’re going to show you how to personalize your profile, including how to update your avatar, personal information, and background. 

1. Let’s start by updating your avatar. Go to community.khoros.com and sign in.
  2. Click your “Avatar” on the top-right corner and then click “My Settings”. 
  3. Click “Avatars” in the settings menu bar. 
  4. To choose an avatar from our out-of-the-box collections, click the drop-down menu and select the collection you’d like to view. 
  5. Click on the avatar image you want to use for your avatar to automatically update.
  6. To upload your own avatar image, click “Upload an Avatar”. 
  7. Upload a photo from your computer, your albums, another site or from the community and click “Save”. 
  8. Drag the selection tool to resize or reposition your image and click “Save and Continue”. 
  9. Follow the same steps for your “Message Thumbnail” and click “Save”. 
  10. While you’re here, let’s update your bio. Under Settings, go to “Personal”. 
  11. Click the drop-down menu and select “Personal Information”. 
  12. Type in any additions you’d like to make to your personal information and click “Save”.  
  13. To change the background of your profile, click on your “Avatar” in the top right corner. 
  14. Click “My Profile” and then click “Edit Background” in your profile header. 
  15. Click “Choose file”. 
  16. Upload an image.
  17. Click Save. 

Now you know how to update your profile, we encourage you to personalize your profile to help make the most out of your community experience.  

Edit your notifications 

In this video, we’re going to show you how to edit your notifications, so you get notified about what you care about most, in the timeframe you want. 

1. Go to community.khoros.com and sign in.
  2. Click your “Avatar” and select the “My Settings” option.
  3. Click “Subscriptions & Notifications” in the settings menu. 
  4. Here, you can change all your subscription and notification settings. 
  5. To edit what notifications you receive and how often, click “Notification Settings”. You can select to receive notifications Immediately, Daily, Weekly, or Never.
  6. Select your preferred notifications and click “Save” at the bottom of the page.  

We encourage you to take the time to explore the rest of your settings and edit your profile and preferences to your liking. 

How to subscribe and unsubscribe to content 

The community is filled with lots of interesting and valuable content. To make sure you stay up-to-date with the information you care about the most, we’re going to show you how to subscribe and unsubscribe to content. 

Here you'll find a list of recommended subscriptions for customers and partners: 

2. To subscribe to a board, go to the board you want to subscribe to. 
  3. Click the “Follow” button on the top of the page. You’ll also see that you can click the button again to unsubscribe.
  4. To subscribe to a label within a board, click on the label. 
  5. Doing so filters the board to only show posts that include that label. At the top of the page you’ll see a message that you can “Subscribe to a label”. Click “Subscribe”. Just like the boards, you can unsubscribe to the label by clicking “Unsubscribe”. 
  6. To bulk unsubscribe, visit your profile settings by clicking on your Avatar. 
  7. Then click “My settings”.
  8. Go to “Subscriptions & Notifications”. 
  9. Then “My subscriptions”. 
  10. Select any of the subscriptions you’d like to delete.
  11. Then click the menu button at the top left of the section and click “Delete Selected Subscriptions”. 

By subscribing to boards and labels, you’ll receive emails whenever new content is posted based on your notification frequency preferences. This is an easy way to stay updated on the topics that matter most to you. 

Tour your profile 

Let’s tour your profile and show you some of the different elements that make it up. 

3. In profile header, you can see the date you joined, badges earned, and your engagement statistics. 
  4. To see all of the badges you’ve earned and can earn, click “View all badges” in your profile header. 
  5. Go back to your profile header by clicking the breadcrumb where it shows “About” followed by your username.
  7. Below your bio, you can use the arrow to see either “Topics I’ve Participated In” or “Recent Contributions”. 
  8. On the right side of your profile, you can view and click through the photos you’ve published in the community. 

We hope that helped you become familiar with your Khoros Communities profile. As you visit your profile, you’ll notice that certain sections are updated as you engage in the community.

Updating your profile

In this video, we’re going to show you how to personalize your profile, including how to update your avatar, personal information, and background. 

4. To choose an avatar from our out-of-the-box collections, click the drop-down menu and select the collection you’d like to view. 
  5. Click on the avatar image you want to use for your avatar to automatically update.
  7. Upload a photo from your computer, your albums, another site or from the community and click “Save”. 
  8. Drag the selection tool to resize or reposition your image and click “Save and Continue”. 
  12. Type in any additions you’d like to make to your personal information and click “Save”.  
  13. To change the background of your profile, click on your “Avatar” in the top right corner. 
  15. Click “Choose file”. 
  16. Upload an image.
  17. Click Save. 

Now you know how to update your profile, we encourage you to personalize your profile to help make the most out of your community experience.  

Edit your notifications 

In this video, we’re going to show you how to edit your notifications, so you get notified about what you care about most, in the timeframe you want. 

5. To edit what notifications you receive and how often, click “Notification Settings”. You can select to receive notifications Immediately, Daily, Weekly, or Never.
  6. Select your preferred notifications and click “Save” at the bottom of the page.  

We encourage you to take the time to explore the rest of your settings and edit your profile and preferences to your liking. 

The community is filled with lots of interesting and valuable content. To make sure you stay up-to-date with the information you care about the most, we’re going to show you how to subscribe and unsubscribe to content. 

Here you'll find a list of recommended subscriptions for customers and partners: 

3. Click the “Follow” button on the top of the page. You’ll also see that you can click the button again to unsubscribe.
  5. Doing so filters the board to only show posts that include that label. At the top of the page you’ll see a message that you can “Subscribe to a label”. Click “Subscribe”. Just like the boards, you can unsubscribe to the label by clicking “Unsubscribe”. 
  11. Then click the menu button at the top left of the section and click “Delete Selected Subscriptions”. 

By subscribing to boards and labels, you’ll receive emails whenever new content is posted based on your notification frequency preferences. This is an easy way to stay updated on the topics that matter most to you. 

Last Reviewed:
03-26-2024 01:01 AM

Tour your profile 

Updating your profile

15. Click “Choose file”. 
  16. Upload an image.
  17. Click Save. 

Edit your notifications 

Version history
Last update:
‎08-28-2019 02:47 PM
Updated by: