I have not noticed such a topic yet in our community so I am very curious about your point of view.
Subject: girls in telco communities
1. The community exists about 1.5 years
2. The team creating the community consists of the same guys (as I think, it can have a meaning :))
3. The most active users are 100% guys themselves
4. Women write very occasionally and there is currently no potential for being a super user
What I'm wondering about:
1. Is the current situation normal in other communities?
2. Do you try to profile campaigns / campaigns for eg women when creating promotional campaigns / community management?
3. Other ideas for attracting women to the community?
I invite you to exchange views
Interesting question @drolcak.
Similar to @SheenaK, my team has witnessed very similar behavioural patterns on our community.
While we don't have targeted campaigns to encourage members of a specific gender to participate, we do actively engage existing members on our community on regular basis.
If you are looking to increase the participation of you female members, one of the things we do on our community is send a welcome PM to new and/or high potential members. My team will introduce all of our Community Managers, but also engage in a conversation by asking them a bit about themselves, why they joined the community, etc. This relationship building activity has been incredibly successful in increasing participation from both genders, but it has also given us incredible insights into the intrinsic motivation of our members.
Once you understand the motivation of your existing female members, it should give you a few ideas about how to attract more new humans. I do like @SheenaK's idea about polls or proactive feedback campaigns though. 🙂
Welcome to the Technology board!Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!