Public

April Atlas Highlights

Khoros Staff

April Highlights.png

Your customer experience team is no stranger to attrition — It's a tough gig! But the past two years have taken things to a new level of stress and burnout for your team. It doesn't stop with your frontline either. Leaders and executives, especially in the contact center, are struggling to backfill empty seats and train incoming employees — and they're paying mightily for it. The bad news is that these trends will probably continue, and possibly even increase, in 2022...

But you know we have your back. Our latest release delivers new tools that will help you keep employees — and customers — happy for years to come.

Read the full Spring Launch blog.

Here’s the Atlas content you do not want to miss!
Some blog areas are limited to Khoros customers only. If you are a customer and unable to access anything, click the chat bubble (bottom right) and type Customer Access.

The Khoros Customer Newsletter
The Ripple has the latest news, updates, and tips from Khoros curated for you! We send resources specifically for your products every first Tuesday of the month. Already signed up but not receiving anything? Your email preferences may be blocking the newsletter. Read more to find out how to make sure you are staying up to date.

Marketing

Marketing Dashboards: Comparative Date Selector
An additional comparative date selector has been added next to the date selector, allowing you to view changes over time based on custom and pre-populated date ranges.

Improvements to Approval Reminder Emails
To facilitate efficient and timely approvals, we’ve  changed how, when and to whom we send the approval reminder emails:

• Reminder emails will now be sent to each member of the approval team 3 hours before publishing.
  • Approvers will continue to receive reminders until the scheduled publishing time.
  • The author of the post is copied on the first and final approval reminder.
  • A confirmation email is sent to the author as soon as approval is provided.

Care

(NEW) Khoros Care Foundations 
The perfect starting point for your training on the Social Response component of the Khoros Care Platform, this course provides a full introduction to the features and benefits of Khoros Care. These videos make reference to a pdf workbook, you can download this from the resources section of this article.

Chat more, sell more: How conversations unlock revenue 
In this on-demand webinar, you’ll see how brands can do more than just support with their chat offerings. Rather than simply allowing agents to answer questions, a modern chat solution can help agents suggest products and upgrades that are relevant to a particular customer.

New security settings: Password expiration / Previous Password Restriction 
We’ve added a new security setting that expires passwords and requires the user to create a new one and an additional requirement that the password must be different from the last 4 passwords used. 

Communities

[Podcast] Empowering Your Audience by Breaking Down Barriers
In this episode, we speak with Mary Taylor, (@mtaylor26440) Community Manager at Intel, about enabling and rewarding open dialogue for deeper customer engagement and return on investment.

OAuth 2.0: Client Credentials Flow
The Client Credentials Flow enables server-to-server authorization which grants access to read data from the community, based on the access provided by the assigned role for the client app without the need of any user credentials.

Community Analytics: Group Hub Name Filter
We have added a filter for Group Hub Name. You can specify a Group Hub name to retrieve the metrics for Group Hub, Conversations, Members, and Membership for that Group hub.

Webinars & Events
Some event areas are limited to Khoros customers only. If you are a customer and unable to access anything, click the chat bubble (bottom right) and type Customer Access.

Upcoming

Upcoming: Talkwalker + Khoros: Brands that feel the beat
Tuesday April 12th

Available On-demand

Community Manager Perspective: Talking community with ESRI

Chat more, sell more: How conversations unlock revenue

Engaging Atlas Discussions
Some discussion areas are limited to Khoros customers only. If you are a customer and unable to access anything, click the chat bubble (bottom right) and type Customer Access.

Thanks to @StanGromer  for sharing how Upwork built an online academy using Khoros. Complete with screenshots and some helpful code!

High five to @Drew_C PodcastBadge2.png along with @lolagoetz PodcastBadge2.png and (you guessed it) @StanGromer  for sharing insights with @Akenefick about things to keep in mind when changing the default Community e-mail sender address. You rock!

Top Engaged Contributors
Special thanks to the current Atlas Top Engaged Contributors: @StanGromer@MarkAtTruth@CarolineS@Akenefick@tyw@akloepfer@i_am_ryan@tavasjn24@sdhake@karolinalinda.

April Contributors.png

Want a chance to be a part of this elite group?
Learn about what it takes to ascend to Titan status.

8 Comments

Triplicate @mentionsTriplicate @mentions
@CoryD Thanks for the @mention I'm still getting multiple @Mentions for these newsletters. It makes me worry that this is happening in my own community somehow, even though no one has mentioned it. If someone is @Mentioned in a single post multiple times, they shouldn't get multiple separate email notifications, it should all be contained in one email/onsite notification. I may reply to a person and break up their quote into several responses as one might see in a multi-quote and I'd really worry that it is sending numerous notifications as emails and onsite.

I only see my name @mentioned twice so I'm confused where the third one is coming from.  

The onsite notification appeared 3 times as well then the first one disappeared and then the other two disappeared. Then I went to then notifications as seen here and I see the three inbox notifications and another popup appeared in lower left. Curious why I got it again. It feels like I was @mentioned a 4th time even though inbox only shows three. 

@StanGromer did you receive 3 @mentions?

Expert

@MarkAtTruth I also get 3 notifications...

@CoryD Happened in June 2021 but I don't think it happened in July 2021 so perhaps you can compare the html of the three posts and see where the differences lie.

Khoros Staff

@MarkAtTruth  So, what I'm thinking is happening. 

Last time this happened I was @mentioning before saving the draft. I stopped doing that and added those right before posting and it seemed to fix. So looks like that might be the issue as I tried to save it this time before hand.

I'll be checking in with our Atlas team to see if we can dig in to the issue. 

Thank you for flagging this!

@CoryD wrote:

@MarkAtTruth  So, what I'm thinking is happening. 

Last time this happened I was @mentioning before saving the draft. I stopped doing that and added those right before posting and it seemed to fix. So looks like that might be the issue as I tried to save it this time before hand.

I'll be checking in with our Atlas team to see if we can dig in to the issue. 

Thank you for flagging this!

Oy! Saving as a draft might have caused this!?!?! Blogging is a main component on my community. I'm going to have to test this and see what happened. Sometimes people @mention others in their root blog article but typically it happens in the comments. 

Boss

From my experience, notifications go out each time an article is edited. I mentioned it to @BlakeH a couple of weeks ago too.

Khoros Staff

@Drew_C Yep, I thought about that earlier. We made changes to the process based on your catch from before, but it looks like the issue is happening in a different place this time. We're digging into it.

Boss

I hope the behavior of "notifications go out each time an article is edited" can be changed, I hate to spam my users just because I'm fixing a typo! 

I see a couple of related ideas: https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Ideas/Email-notification-of-editted-posts/idi-p/396... (from 2017) / https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Ideas/Ability-to-not-send-notification-e-mail-on-sm... (also from 2017)