Public

Atlas Proudly Adds Pronouns Option to Profile

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

pronouns.png

Khoros is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all, and that means recognizing the pronouns each of us use. Pronouns are used to refer to a person’s gender, and aren’t always what you might expect just by looking at someone. 

While not required, using your pronouns on Atlas can be a good way to remind people of your pronouns and continue normalizing discussions around them. Click here for more information on what pronouns are and how you can get used to using pronouns like they/them.

Here’s how to include pronouns on your profile today!

Update your profile

Your profile management tools can be accessed by clicking on ‘my settings’ under your avatar icon on the top right of Atlas. Once on the ‘My settings: Personal’ page, click on the dropdown bar and select ‘Personal information.’

CoryD_0-1627487686671.png

CoryD_1-1627487686734.pngFrom here, you can add your preferred pronouns. Here are a few that are more commonly used:

• He/Him/His
  • She/Her/Hers
  • They/Them/Theirs

After saving your preferred pronouns, click the ‘Make pronouns public’ link to be taken to your privacy settings.

Making pronouns public

On your ‘Privacy Settings’ page, you can change who can see what on your profile. To have pronouns displayed on your profile, set ‘Show private information in profile’ to ‘All.’ 

This option only displays some basic information on your profile including: name, pronoun, bio, friends list, and social fields if filled in.

Your email address is not displayed.

CoryD_2-1627487686710.png

Now you can proudly display your pronouns on your Atlas profile. 

CoryD_3-1627487694551.png

8 Comments
Mentor

This makes me so happy! Just added "she/her" to my field. 👍

Executive

Ooh this is exciting. Is there a timeline for when this field will be available as part of the Admin Profile Default options. We'd love to have this available for our members. 

Boss

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work completely. I updated my pronouns and set the personal info to be visible to "all". But they aren't. See screenshot.

Pronouns / name not showing for anonymous usersPronouns / name not showing for anonymous users

Khoros Staff

Hello @CarolineS,
The issue has been fixed. Now if you set your personal info to All, it will be visible to all the users including anonymous.

Guide

We are also looking forward to seeing this option implemented in our community as well. Please let me know what is the timeline and will this be available on Profile v2 or only the latest version.

Thank you!

@MpapacicaHSwe’ve added a custom field in the Atlas profile page to support adding pronouns. Today, our customers have the ability to add a custom field to their profiles and will also have the ability to add custom fields to the profile as well in order to support this too. We are reviewing how custom registration and profile fields get added and configured in Aurora admin. At the moment, we’ve added the capability to add the preferred gender pronoun already in aurora.

Guide

@MohammedF  thanks for clarifying. Indeed I am aware of the custom fields and we were planning to add one for this purpose. Nevertheless, seeing this on Atlas I thought it may be released for all customers at once as core feature.

@MpapacicaHS my apologies, I think I didn't read your response properly last time. At this point, we do not have plans to make an update to the core functionality in the community, but please feel free to add this to our Khoros Communities Ideas board.