Public

Community Managers: Get Certified!

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Joe Cothrel

Joe Cothrel is Chief Community Officer at Lithium Technologies.  He is Lithium’s top expert on community and social best practices and has helped more than 300 companies execute successful social efforts.

He is active on Twitter @cothrel and is a regular contributor in the Lithosphere where he is JoeC

Judging from the email I've received, many community managers, community program managers, and social strategists have heard the news … and I’m happy to confirm it!   We are now planning to do six new Community Manager Certification sessions over the coming weeks.  

The sessions will take place in five different cities in the US and Europe. Here’s the schedule:

Palo Alto – Thursday, October 11 (next week!)

New York – Tuesday, October 16

Munich – Tuesday, November 6

London – Thursday, November 8

Paris – Tuesday, November 13

Sydney – Thursday, November 29

Our first-ever session back in May was sold out in just a few days, so I’d suggest you sign up now if you think you’d like to attend. See the Palo Alto, New York, EMEA or Sydney registration pages for more info on times and locations.   Also check out my blog posts (1 and 2) from earlier this year for more info on the genesis and content on the program. 

Here are some of the great comments we received from participants in the May session:

I could not stop raving about the certification program. I learned so much, and I have already put a lot of it to use. Thank you for a wonderful session!

The whole team did a great job on this. I can reasonably say that it is, a) worth the money, b) great to be certified, and c) a great intro into the whole Linc experience.

Despite my tenure in communities spanning back to the BBS days and connecting with baud modems, I walked away with two pages overflowing with notes focusing on ways to improve our community.  My handwriting is quite small, too, so there were a LOT of notes.

This was a valuable experience, no doubt about it.  My thanks again to the Lithium team.

Overall I enjoyed the session and learned a lot. As someone new to the community manager role and learning everything I felt it was very informative.

This certification was definitely top notch. This isn't just a course for community managers, it's also a great course for companies looking to start up community programs.  

Hope to see you at one of our upcoming sessions!!

Tags (1)
13 Comments